Advice please

nelsonbrandyl

My Husband and I are wanting to go on a cruise just the 2 of us. No children or anything. We have a 9 year old and a 2 year old. We do not get a lot of time by ourselves and never have been on any kind of vacation by ourselves. I have been on Carnival 3 (with and without kids) times and Royal 1 time (with kids). He had been on Royal only 1 time and we had the kids. My question is what's the best for us to go on with no kids in your opinion ? We live in Texas but what boat and trip would your recommendation also (I have done Jamaica, caymans, Cozumel and Belize, Roatan, and Cozumel several times) and we plan on doing Bahamas on Carnival from Galveston in summer 2019 with the kids and Go thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For me and my wife whenever we take a cruise without the kids it's usually to the Bahamas. This could be because we 'll e in Florida and it's usually the most economical trip for us to take. This September we are changing it up and going to Cuba instead. We always look at what it is we want to do on our mini vacation without the kids and that's what drives our decision on what to do on the cruise and where to take a cruise too.

It sounds like you are ready for an Eastern Caribbean itinerary, or perhaps Southern. We love San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Half Moon Cay. You'd probably have to sail from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale though. Not sure if flying is a problem for you or not.

It sounds like you are ready for an Eastern Caribbean itinerary, or perhaps Southern. We love San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Half Moon Cay. You'd probably have to sail from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale though. Not sure if flying is a problem for you or not.

We could fly or even drive no biggy there will look into that.

I second the vote for a souther since you have done Western. I would ask what did you like and dislike about the two lines you were on? Would you want to do either without the kids? What do you want your vacation to look like - late night dancing and drinking or specialty dinners and relaxing time on your balcony?

If we were choosing a week long cruise without our kids, it would be Princess. It's a more. Relaxed and classic cruise experience. We would enjoy dressing on formal evening for nice date nights. But, we also have never done that...ever cruise we have taken so far without the kids has basically been a long weekend get away. We have finite vacation time and so take the big chunks with the kids.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I really like Royal's solarium area with the pool at the back of the ship. I also like Carnival's serenity deck, but none of their ships in Galveston have a pool in the serenity area.

If you are willing to fly to Florida, we really liked the Aruba, Curacao, Dominican Republic, Grand Turk itinerary. We did that back when Breeze was there. Plenty of Carnival & Royal ships to choose from down there as well. If itinerary doesn't matter, maybe try one of Royal's Oasis class ships.

Have you thought about Bermuda? We haven't made it there yet - the one trip we booked got rerouted due to a hurricane, so we had a couple of days in Nassau instead.

If you aren't interested in the physical activities (slides, rock walls, etc.) & just want to relax, Regal Princess is a nice ship with an adult pool area.

Carnival Vista in a Havana cabin. If you want something closer to home, a spa cabin on the Breeze. Both of them would be great ships and cabin types.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Awesome thanks. I think. It's comes to Galveston next year.

I really like Royal's solarium area with the pool at the back of the ship. I also like Carnival's serenity deck, but none of their ships in Galveston have a pool in the serenity area.

If you are willing to fly to Florida, we really liked the Aruba, Curacao, Dominican Republic, Grand Turk itinerary. We did that back when Breeze was there. Plenty of Carnival & Royal ships to choose from down there as well. If itinerary doesn't matter, maybe try one of Royal's Oasis class ships.

Have you thought about Bermuda? We haven't made it there yet - the one trip we booked got rerouted due to a hurricane, so we had a couple of days in Nassau instead.

If you aren't interested in the physical activities (slides, rock walls, etc.) & just want to relax, Regal Princess is a nice ship with an adult pool area.

Awesome thanks.

I second the vote for a souther since you have done Western. I would ask what did you like and dislike about the two lines you were on? Would you want to do either without the kids? What do you want your vacation to look like - late night dancing and drinking or specialty dinners and relaxing time on your balcony?

If we were choosing a week long cruise without our kids, it would be Princess. It's a more. Relaxed and classic cruise experience. We would enjoy dressing on formal evening for nice date nights. But, we also have never done that...ever cruise we have taken so far without the kids has basically been a long weekend get away. We have finite vacation time and so take the big chunks with the kids.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I like formal night he doesn't lol. Thanks though