Angled balcony - Angled forward or aft?

Wishing on a star

I like the idea of the angled balcony so that one can naturally look forward... But, now I am thinking that, it might be good to give that up for a balcony angled Aft, to provide more protection blocking wind when underway every evening. Anybody here have any insight? Thanks!

I agree with you. Aft facing would be better to block the wind.

After being in a forward facing angled balcony recently, I know better now and will always try to choose an aft facing one instead. The wind hit those balcony dividers and made awful noises pretty much throughout the night. Who knows?? Maybe it was just the way the wind hit and it may have been as bad in the aft facing angled balconies as well but I doubt it.

After being in a forward facing angled balcony recently, I know better now and will always try to choose an aft facing one instead. The wind hit those balcony dividers and made awful noises pretty much throughout the night. Who knows?? Maybe it was just the way the wind hit and it may have been as bad in the aft facing angled balconies as well but I doubt it.
While not one of the center bumpout cabins on the Royal class ships, we were in E109 on the Regal and the aft balcony divider was about two feet longer than the forward balcony divider similar to the center bumpout forward facing angled balconies. We also experienced the same howling noise on our balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums