Playa Mia with young kids

SJNB

Hi - my family will be visiting Cozumel in February. We are both in our early 30's, our kids will be 4 and 2.

The concept of Playa Mia, beach, pools, slides and toys, seems like it would be a good fit for our family.

I was reading on TripAdvisor and it seems to get mixed reviews.

Has anyone visited recently with young kids?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are headed there next week, I think. Going to just try to go on our own. Our son just turned 3 a few weeks ago. I will hopefully find this thread again when we get back & let you know!

Thanks! I'll bump it up next week

Sounds like your kids should be an ideal age. One reason we haven't made it there was Mitsugirly's review that stated they objected to adults being in children's pool. This seems strange when they have invested so much money installing the splash ground. If I have a toddler playing in water I want to be close.

Maybe you will report back for future visitors and let us know your experience.

• 1 month later...
We are headed there next week, I think. Going to just try to go on our own. Our son just turned 3 a few weeks ago. I will hopefully find this thread again when we get back & let you know!

How was it? Has anyone else been recently with kids?

• 2 weeks later...

Was there in June with my son - age 6. He loved the inflatables in the ocean. But, it's a swim and life jackets are required. Wasn't strong enough to swim out and pull myself up on all of the inflatables so I had to swim from one to another just to keep track of him.

We/he had a ball, but I was wiped out. Keep that in mind if you go out there. I did have fun, but rather do it with more backup. My husband doesn't swim so we were out there on the inflatables by ourselves while he relaxed in the beach.

Food was okay. Facilities are really clean. Nice pool area and kiddie pool with pirate ship and slides. We used that after getting tired of the ocean.