Live from the Dawn-Owners Suite 10506

Baitman19

Answers to some questions:

Maltesemom: Carmen says hello and how are you doing. She’s the greatest!!!!

shoreguy: Benny says Linda (Cruise Director) is on until Feb 06. We don’t find her funny at all.

Smoothdancer: Of course, having an Owner’s Suite is worth the money. A room you can get lost in, perks everywhere, treated like royalty, 2 bathrooms, 2 big balconies, a butler & concierge and much much more. The idea is to get it at the upsell price and not pay full. We’re not wealthy, just a good shopper.

Dawncruiser05: Lance was a bad boy and is on permanent vacation from NCL.

Bye until Day 4.

Wow! I did not know that!!! :eek: Did they give you any specifics? I'm sorry to hear that he won't be there, but I'd be curious to what happened. :confused:

Glad to hear you're having a great time....leaving on the 22nd...can't wait!

Wow. That was wonderul that they put a X-mas tree in your suite.

Your daily posting are great fun!

We were just on the Star & they put the X-mas tree in our Suite # 10506. We asked them to take it out, just wasn't ready for an X-mas tree just right yet. Plus they wanted to put it right in front of are sliding glass door blocking our view.

Mark

Day 4

Woke up the sun at 7:00am. My DW said, “Aren’t we sleeping late today”? I said only when we stay out late. Got our best nights sleep so far. It’s a little windy, but really warm out. Had Carmen served our breakfast on our side balcony. Eggs Benedict at 8:00am on the balcony. What else can you ask for. We’re in heaven now.

My wife’s suffering from her cruise problem, so we order 2 prune juices each morning. This morning Carmen brought US prunes and prune juice. She said since you like prune juice I brought you prunes too. I even have devised a drink called the Colonic Tonic, Prune juice & champagne. The Galleria gift shop has 50% off the Duty Free price on all the expensive jewelry and my wife has had her eye on an white gold chain with a diamond anchor. She’s tried twice to get them to come down on the price so far and no luck. We’ll today is the day. Now since they are 50% off, we have 2 necklaces. No complaints, less time shopping in St Maarten. It’s her birthday on Sunday and I’m a nice guy. I’m on vacation.

Spent an hour on the front balcony and were heading into St. Thomas right now. Claudio called and we’re to meet him at 11:00am to leave the ship with Garden Villa passenger. Another perk we didn’t know about.

Packed our bag and we’re going to meet Claudio. We’re going for the Helmet Dive in St Thomas after doing T-shirt shopping here. He took us through the inside of the ship where the crew travels. It’s just as clean in there as it is where the passenger travel. We avoided the crowds and didn’t get anyone mad because we cut in front of the line. We had our own line. It’s good to get off early!!!!

The helmet dive was really nice. Had a group of 8 and we were the last group to go. My group had some trepidation, especially my wife. So when they said, “Who wants to first?” I was volunteered. You know what, it was great!!!! My wife had to go 2nd and wasn’t that sure of herself. One of our group never made it down. While under, we got our pictures taken and we have it to prove we were there. I got to hold a sea urchin in my hand without my gloves on and then turn my hand and it was stuck to it. Hope the picture comes out for all our “uni” eaters at home. Uni is great in a sushi bar and has to be very fresh or it’s not edible.

Came back and watched a little football. The channel didn’t give updates, so it was useless as a Packer Fanatic.

The Star Bar opened at 5:00pm and we went to see Benny. Two martinis and were back. Carmen brought our dinner at 6:30pm. The balcony is setup and it’s dinnertime. What could be better? Ship sailed away at 7:00pm. It was starry night and watched the stars as we sailed to Tortola from the front balcony.

Feels like it’s going to be an early night again. It’s an early day tomorrow, off at 8:15am to go to Virgin Gorda.

Heard it snowed in NY yesterday, I guess I picked the right time this year!!!!

See you tomorrow.

Diane & Monty

Hey Monty

No more complaints about the weather..look at what your missing..:D

/O.UPG.KOKX.WS.A.0001.051206T0000Z-051206T2300Z/ /O.NEW.KOKX.WS.W.0001.051206T0000Z-051206T2300Z/ SOUTHERN NEW LONDON-NORTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-NORTHEASTERN SUFFOLK- SOUTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-SOUTHEASTERN SUFFOLK- 452 AM EST MON DEC 5 2005

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM EST TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM EST TUESDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

SNOW WILL BEGIN BY THIS EVENING AND CONTINUE THROUGH THE OVERNIGHT. ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 6 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE BY TUESDAY MORNING. THE SNOW WILL THEN CONTINUE THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING..AND TAPER OFF IN THE AFTERNOON. ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE. BY THE TIME THE SNOW ENDS EARLY TUESDAY EVENING...TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 5 TO 7 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE. A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW... SLEET...AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS.

Have a great time and enjoy !!!..If you think about it say Hi to Claudio for us and we hope his knee is doing better...Hope you get to Pussers in Tortola. Rich & Loretta ..10/30/06...8670

I have enjoyed almost every word you wrote, but if I was your wife you would be dead reporting her "problem" and need for prunes. It was a little more than i wanted to know. :) Ha Ha.

Seriously, you sure did pick a good week. Trying to christmas shop in this weather is a bummer, but getting off the ship with the GV passangers in St. Thomas and be able to shop there this close to christmas....priceless.

Please continue your saga, having a blast reading it. Eileen

It is good to read your report day to day. Cannot wait to cruise in January. Thank you for keeping us cruisaholics on board with you. I am anxiously awaiting your report on Tortola as we will be there in January.

Rich & Loretta - we are on the Sun Jan. 21 - just missing you.....will have to wait till Oct. 21 Transatlantic to meet up.

Hey Monty

No more complaints about the weather..look at what your missing..:D

/O.UPG.KOKX.WS.A.0001.051206T0000Z-051206T2300Z/ /O.NEW.KOKX.WS.W.0001.051206T0000Z-051206T2300Z/ SOUTHERN NEW LONDON-NORTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-NORTHEASTERN SUFFOLK- SOUTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-SOUTHEASTERN SUFFOLK- 452 AM EST MON DEC 5 2005

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM EST TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM EST TUESDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

SNOW WILL BEGIN BY THIS EVENING AND CONTINUE THROUGH THE OVERNIGHT. ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 6 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE BY TUESDAY MORNING. THE SNOW WILL THEN CONTINUE THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING..AND TAPER OFF IN THE AFTERNOON. ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE. BY THE TIME THE SNOW ENDS EARLY TUESDAY EVENING...TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 5 TO 7 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE. A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW... SLEET...AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS.

This is not good. I live on Long Island and I made a bet with a co-worker that I could ride my bike to work for a year straight. Good news is if I win, the money I get pays for our 11 day March 26th cruise on the Dawn. Bet ends May 12th. So far I have ridden everyday, about 2 miles each way. I am on night shift right now so I will be coming home during the heavy snow.

I love your posts Monty. I will be thinking of you sitting on your balcony sipping a Martini on my ride home tonight. I think that will be the only thing that gets me home!!!! Keep up the daily posts.

Day 5

Woke up at 6:15. My DW ordered cereal & coffee for 6:45am. We made mimosas with the champagne with breakfast. We docked in Tortola at 7:00am. The Spirit is with us today. They are anchored and have to tender in. We’re going to Virgin Gorda this morning and have to meet in the Stardust Theater at 8:15am. It’s beautiful sunny day here. My boss e-mailed me about the snow in NY. I hoped it snowed last year, but it waited until the day I came back to snow. It’s my job the get rid of it. That’s why, “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, is the song for me this year!!!! Can’t get much news on the TV anymore, just ESPN en Espanol`. Packers lost, better draft pick.

Just got back from Virgin Gorda. More transit time than fun in the sun time. Open bus ride from the pier to the boat, then a boat ride to Virgin Gorda, then an open bus ride to the Baths. We got to the top of Virgin Gorda at 9:45am and had to be back for the bus ride back by 11:30am. The water was rough and had a big undertow and had slippery rocks. Not a very good area for snorkeling. They give you 1 small plastic cup of free rum punch. The boat had both Spirit & Dawn passengers on it. On the way back we stopped at the Spirit to let them off. Then we went to the pier to get a bus back to the Dawn. We didn’t miss the tendering like last time here.

Showered and we’re off to the buffet for lunch. The Greek Mac & cheese and the roast loin of pork were pretty good. The DW is napping and I’m headed to the balcony for some sun. The Spirit has left and we are in port with the P&O Oceana.

We’re going to Aqua tonight, it’s Caribbean Night. Not one of my favorite menus, but what the heck. If you don’t like something, you can go somewhere else, that’s Freestyle.

There’s always Room Service.

Called Claudio to cancel our reservations for Aqua at 8:00pm. No problem. Another perk for Owner’s Suites. Reservations to the main restaurants and you can cancel at anytime! We’re going to opt for the buffet instead. It’s Mexican night.

It’s 6:15pm, and we’re leaving Tortola and it’s off to the Star Bar to see Virgil (from Romania). He’s the relief bartender when Benny goes to dinner. We have left him every time so far when Benny goes to dinner. We told him we would see him, so he doesn’t fell badly. He’s from Transylvania, yes where Dracula is from. He lives near the castle and plans on opening a small motel there. His wife is just starting her contract on the Sun today. He knows Carmen. She’s from there too. It’s a small world on this ship.

We went to see Gleason Magic in the Stardust tonight.

It’s 7:45pm and we just finished dinner at the Buffet. It was pretty good. It’s back to the cabin to change for the show. Claudio is meeting us at the Stardust tonight. Gleason Magic is very good. We are now going back tot the Star Bar for a nightcap. Need at least one martini to day. The Caribbean Party is going on deck. The wind is howling and it’s not too crowded. Stopped by while walking back to our cabin. It’s the same as usual, but the bar staff doesn’t perform anymore.

The cabin stewards thought we were in the room, so they didn’t turn down our beds. They saw us leaving for the show and did it then. We are making up our beds in the morning and have made a “towel snake” for the bed. We put a sign on it saying” How do you like our snake? I left them a chocolate too.

It’ off to Little Divi Resort tomorrow at 9:00am.

See you tomorrow,

Diane & Monty.

Answers to questions:

Greenie: The New York Deli is in the Garden Café, port side, aft. It’s not really like a New York deli, but the breads and tuna was very good.

Waldospepper: My source on the Dawn doesn’t know who is replacing Linda in February, but Ricky Mathews is on vacation. He might be coming back.

Can you find out how long Claudio will be on the Dawn? We are still trying to make some cruise plans for anytime in February, March or April. Gosh, if Claudio was still on-board that might make us look at the Dawn.

I don't know the exact date Claudio goes on vacation but when I was onboard Oct 29 he told me he would be gone when I returned on Feb. 12 2006

Shoreguy, "would be gone" as in moving to another ship? Who will be in his position? Does anyone have an email address for Claudio? Who is the Consierge on the Dawn? We are sailing on March 5th and look forward to your reviews, shoreguy. Thank you. Eileen

Shoreguy, "would be gone" as in moving to another ship? Who will be in his position? Does anyone have an email address for Claudio? Who is the Consierge on the Dawn? We are sailing on March 5th and look forward to your reviews, shoreguy. Thank you. Eileen

would be gone as not onboard the Dawn in Feb. Not sure when he leaves or if he comes back. I imagine he will return after the normal time off.

Day 6

Woke up to the vibrations from the bow thrusters turning us around to dock in St. Maarten. We docked at 7:00am. You can set your watch on this cruise. 9:00am is our trip to Little Divi Resort. We went to the buffet for breakfast. I know, what are you doing going to the buffet when you have an Owner’s Suite. I need to be with the regular people once in a while. Besides, we wanted to try it. It was okay. I had my fill of corned beef hash (a little runny though).

The Jewel of the Seas docked next to us at 8:00am and while we were going to the resort, the Empress of the Seas docked.

Met the group on the pier and it was a short cab ride to the resort. For all you who have been to St. Maarten before, they have changed where the ships dock. It’s now a cab ride to the shopping. Last time off the ship and the shopping was right there. Everything is brand new. The resort was great. The sand and water were nice, almost like Jones Beach. We were given lounge chairs but we had to pay $5 for an umbrella (needed). It’s 86 here today and quite sunny. With the price you get 2 adult drinks and a buffet lunch. Not bad! Diane and I bought crabs for the crab race. Hers was named “Hot Pants” and mine “The Drunk”. Maybe some of the names fit? I thought mine should be called “ Martini Monty”. Well they had the race after our taxi took us back to the ship. We had more than enough time in the sun and water. It’s gonna be “Lobster Passenger Night” on the Dawn. Best day so far. Best excursion so far for the price. We both agreed that we would stay at this resort. We have friends with timeshares down here and they keep asking us to go, but usually we are cruising when they go down.

We got back to the ship about 1:30pm and on our bed was a small “towel mouse” on our pillow. I guess we’re in a towel animal contest with the Edquardo now.

Boy, the sun is hot today, tried to get some time on the front balcony and had to give up.

It’s now cocktail time. I’m having a Jim Beam & diet coke. And I made my DW a pear & banana colada. Diane wanted popcorn, so we took a walk to Pearly King’s Pub. Guess what, NO popcorn machine. Found out that it broke the other day. Carmen brought us chips and popcorn later.

Another Owner’s Suite Perk, binoculars in your room because the staff sunbath right below you. They do wear VERY skimpy suits. I’m not allowed on the front balcony without supervision anymore. I told my wife the officers on the Empress were out there admiring her too! She said, they are officers and you’re not! I told her, “I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.” No Good!

We sailed at 6:10pm. The Empress of the Seas & Jewel of the Seas sailed first. Dinner was at 8:00pm in The Venetian. I’m starting to get tired of even putting on pants for dinner now. We have to do dinner in the cabin again before we come home. Food was pretty good. I guess we’re getting spoiled by Carmen.

Saw Virgil & Benny before dinner. Spoke to Tony the Food and Beverage Manager for some time in the Star Bar. Everyone loves him. He’s a people person. I was told that he had a heart attack on the ship last year and had to be airlifted off. He’s fine now. Funny thing today, I saw the captain in his shorts on the bridge this morning. I guess it’s really Freestyle Cruising.

Got back from dinner at 9:15pm. The DW is sound asleep. We have very early wakeup. Have to go thru Immigration in Puerto Rico at 7:00am tomorrow. We have a shore excursion to the Bacardi Distillery at 8:30am. Hope we get some breakfast before leave.

We’ll be back tomorrow with more updates

Diane & Monty

With snow on the ground and snow again in the close future, i actually could feel the sun on the forward balcony being too hot...and loved it. Thanks for sharing your time and trips.. Hopefully someone will continue with their saga until we sail in March. It gets me thru the day in a good mood and I dream of a beach "like Jones Beach" with loungers and an umbrella each night... Keep em coming!!! Eileen

Have a little time to kill before the Martini Clinic at 3:00pm. Can’t wait to see Benny again.

Went to the New York Deli for a little lunch and it was quite good.[/font]

Benny made 3 of his signature martinis: The Bogota, the Expresso & the AtlanticQ.

Opened the cabin door and poof now there’s a Christmas tree in the room. Really nice.

It’s 7:15pm and we’re off back to see Benny before dinner at Cagney’s to have an Apple Martini and a Banana Banshee before dinner.

After dinner we stopped back at the Star Bar for an after-dinner martini; Raspberry Torte. Selwyn Wright was at the piano and played some nice songs.

Hi Monty,

Really enjoying your on board review. We were in 9506 below you and it sounds like you're doing a lot of the same things we did. Wish we were there now. Breakfast on the balcony, Star Bar to visit Bennie, lunch at the Deli (the pastrami on the French Bread was the best pastrami sandwich I've ever had), Martini Clinic to visit Bennie, dinner, off to see Bennie. He was great and I wish I could have taken him home. Ask him if he still remembers how to make a BennieJackie Martini... It's been a few months, so he might have forgotten by now. Claudio was great too.

Enjoy!!!

Jackie:cool:

Archived