Any other ships with GI outbreaks other than HAL?

Returntocruising16

I have seen HAL is experiencing GI outbreaks and wondered if any other lines were experiencing this. We are booked for next July and thought that would be safer since it is summer and older population. This is making me question cruising to Alaska or any cruise for that matter. I tend to need hospitalization when I get these stomach bugs.

February - Sun Princess

March - Coral Princess

April - Oceania Regatta

July - Chipotle, Sterling, VA

That's all I could find for 2017 so far. Where are you getting your info?

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

All lines experience Noro outbreaks; it's just that they have to reach a certain number of ill passengers before it is reported.

Please try not to worry. Noro is everywhere - schools, malls, nursing homes, hospitals, airplanes. It is not limited to cruise ships but that is what the news usually reports on. I suggest you google Noro and how to help prevent it. It really doesn't matter that the ship you are going on has not been mentioned in an outbreak, or what line seems to have the most illness. It's not the ship that is "sick"; Noro is brought on board by sick passengers.

Have a great cruise. Alaska is beautiful. :)

I know all about Noro and know it is everywhere, but knowing I can't control people touching food at the buffet or keeping their illness to themselves because they don't want to ruin their vacation. Most people I know don't wash their hands the recommended 20-30 seconds that are recommended, etc. I just dont know id i want ti chance thr one vacatiom i have sownding so much money to get there to have it ruined.

Understood, and pretty sure we all feel the same way. However, so many things on our vacation are beyond our control - weather, sickness, airline delays, accidents, injuries... you get the point. I guess you are the only one who can make this decision. Sickness can happen on a land vacation too. It can happen at home if you contract it from someone at the mall or church.

Like I said, this is your decision. I don't know if anyone here can really help you with this issue.

Take care.

Thanks, I obviously have a phobia about stomach viruses after being hospitalized once with 80/40 BP and a 2nd time I should have gone to the hospital because I went 16 hours with profuse vomiting and my lips swelled up because I was so dehydrated. I lost literally 10 pounds of fluid in 16 hours and I was a pretty thin person then. I studied norovirus after those two events to learn how to kill those viruses and take preventative measures when my son gets sick. I am quite neurotic about it after those two events. The last one where I ended up in the ER, took me down in 3 hours to the point I could not pick my head off the floor or focus my vision. I knew I was in trouble.