Question about Cuba cruise

jstcruizin

Can anyone tell me which cruise line sailing to Havana stays the longest at the port. I just booked a group 4 night on Norwegian sun at a great price leaving on the first Cuba cruise out of port Canaveral (where most of us live near) but a few are on the fence now

( even though they knew) because it

only overnights in Havana. I know they have one out of Miami that stays longer but are there any others?

Thanks in advance

You need to do your research on the individual cruise line sites, but I do know that the one you booked out of PC (I looked at it too) has really only 1 day and 1 night there. You leave at 6AM day 2, and unless you stay up all night, you'll miss a beautiful sailaway. Plus obviously, no opportunity to do anything that second day.

I assume you want a mainstream line; if not, I know the higher end lines (Azamara, etc) have longer port times, but come with much higher price tags.

The current 5 night on Empress of the Seas out of Tampa has, IMO the most time in Havana- it's the one I chose in June. You arrive @ 2 PM day 1, and don't leave till 8PM day 2. So, you have almost 2 full days, and one overnight.

You don't say what time of year you want to go, but I think the PC sailings on NCL are all in the summer.

I want to go back when it is a little less humid, so I have booked the Empress again for December of '18. The ship will be moved to Port Everglades, and has a differnet hours in port, but still a full day (8AM arrival) and a half day (till 1PM on day 2), plus the overnight.

The Holland America trips out of Ft Lauderdale have only about 24 hours in Havana, tho some sailings to go to Cienfuegos as well. Plus the prices are higher than NCL or RCCL.

Thanks , were a group of family and friends that cruise once/ twice a yr. May and Oct most of the time unless it's a super sweet deal except Sep as the majority won't. This cruise we're all booked on is the may 7th out of port Canaveral .

Our deposits are refundable so I can still research all avenues to see if driving to Miami and paying for parking is worth an extra half day in Havana. We already have this October's cruie booked and next October from fort Lauderdale so we try to do one here at Canaveral.

Oceania goes to 3 ports in Cuba on a 7 night cruise on December 1, 2017 and December 8, 2017. Round trip Miami with Havana for 2 days and an overnight; Cienfuegos for 1 day and Santiago de Cuba for 1 day. Also has 2 sea days. Their prices are higher than the mass market lines, but include alot more. Plus they're noted for excellent food and service.

Oceania goes to 3 ports in Cuba on a 7 night cruise on December 1, 2017 and December 8, 2017. Round trip Miami with Havana for 2 days and an overnight; Cienfuegos for 1 day and Santiago de Cuba for 1 day. Also has 2 sea days. Their prices are higher than the mass market lines, but include alot more. Plus they're noted for excellent food and service.

We did a similar itinerary on the (no longer going to Cuba) Fathom Adonia in April. Oceania had a ship in port in Havana when we arrived.

34304776236_6bdfecb43d_c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The current 5 night on Empress of the Seas out of Tampa has, IMO the most time in Havana- it's the one I chose in June. You arrive @ 2 PM day 1, and don't leave till 8PM day 2. So, you have almost 2 full days, and one overnight.

NCL has a better Havana stay than what's stated above. They arrive at 7 or 8am on Tues. and (many itineraries) leave Weds. at 5pm.

Arriving at 2pm day 1, you won't be off the ship until 4pm or so. That's only a total of maybe 26 or 27 hours. If ship leaves at 8pm, you have to be on board maybe by 7pm.