Cheers Postive Review Conquest Aug 3-7

Sooner01

Wife and I had Cheers on the Aug 3-7 Conquest cruise, our second cruise getting Cheers. For us it was well worth it.

We prepaid the Cheers (saves $5 a day), and had our first drink upon entering the ship. Averaged 8-10 alcoholic drinks a day. Plus 8-10 diet cokes a day. We were able to order sodas with our drinks each time. We did not have to wait 5 minutes before getting a soda with our drink.

Used the coffee bar 2-4 times a day. Got bottled water whenever we wanted. Plus milkshakes, Power Aides etc. Interestingly, we did have to wait 5 minutes between ordering a coffee and getting a water from the Coffee Bars. We also enjoyed the spiked coffee.

Lots of discussion on why both in a cabin shouldn't have to get it, but to us, just do the math and determine if it is better getting cheers or just ordering by the drink. Most drinks were in the $8.95 range, with beers around $6. Highest price drink we saw on any menu was $14. They may have higher drinks somewhere or off menu.

Only the alcoholic drinks count towards your 15 day limit. Sodas, coffees (non-spiked), waters, shakes etc do not count.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Excellent summary. We will be purchasing the Cheers! package also. We will probably not make it to 15 alcoholic drinks per day but the ability to order whatever we want without having to be concerned about a bill at the end of the cruise is nice. I especially like that this package includes the specialty coffees and bottled drinks (including the bottled waters). When we sailed on another line with their package it did include bottled water but not the Powerades, bottled teas and specialty coffees.

Love this! I am leaning towards purchasing Cheers. Do you get a discount on the sodas. coffees, water, shakes, etc?

With the Cheers! package the sodas, coffees, water and milk shakes are included in the price you paid for the package (as are the tips for the bar staff).

I am just now doing a bit of research for our upcoming cruise. Does the daily price quoted for cheers include the tip/tax or is that added in with your total. Just thinking that if it's ~$50 a day, but that already has the tip worked in, it's a good deal. But if the tip is not included in that, then it will require a little more thought

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am just now doing a bit of research for our upcoming cruise. Does the daily price quoted for cheers include the tip/tax or is that added in with your total. Just thinking that if it's ~$50 a day, but that already has the tip worked in, it's a good deal. But if the tip is not included in that, then it will require a little more thought

The cost is $49.95 per day plus 15% gratuity.

About the sodas, most bars it was a warm can poured into a glass with ice. However, at the Sky Box Sports Bar, the cans were cold. Most times he did open the can, but a few times he just handed it to me. That was nice, but I think the norm is for them to open them, but I think you can ask.

Unfortunately no package, but they are available for purchase. The milkshakes were $3.95 and it goes on their sail and sign card. Keep in mind though that free soft serve ice cream is available 24 hours a day on the Lido deck.

My wife and I also sailed with Conquest in July with cheers. Most drinks were $9 and alchemy bar for about $12. If you don't count any of the other perks (water, soda, vitamin water), you can break even around 5 drinks. It really is worth it IMO, but everyone is different.

I found that the bartenders encouraged me to try very premium liquor since I had Cheers! Also at the Alchemy Bar, the bartender managed to make a martini that cost $18.95. I had several of those throughout the trip, among other drinks, and we know we got our money's worth. Further, I liked having the peace of mind knowing I didn't have to worry about running up a large tab.

It was mentioned soda, water, coffee, shakes are included. Does this mean the count against your 15 drink limit? If you have 10 beers and 5 waters do they shut you off?

Did you tip on top of the pre-paid gratuity? If not, was your service good? I've heard the service is lacking when you have Cheers, especially if you aren't tipping extra. I do worry they the bar staff is not getting the pre-paid tips from Carnival.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you tip on top of the pre-paid gratuity? If not, was your service good? I've heard the service is lacking when you have Cheers, especially if you aren't tipping extra. I do worry they the bar staff is not getting the pre-paid tips from Carnival.

Tipping is optional based on the service.

Wife and I had Cheers on the Aug 3-7 Conquest cruise, our second cruise getting Cheers. For us it was well worth it.

We prepaid the Cheers (saves $5 a day), and had our first drink upon entering the ship. Averaged 8-10 alcoholic drinks a day. Plus 8-10 diet cokes a day. We were able to order sodas with our drinks each time. We did not have to wait 5 minutes before getting a soda with our drink.

Used the coffee bar 2-4 times a day. Got bottled water whenever we wanted. Plus milkshakes, Power Aides etc. Interestingly, we did have to wait 5 minutes between ordering a coffee and getting a water from the Coffee Bars. We also enjoyed the spiked coffee.

Lots of discussion on why both in a cabin shouldn't have to get it, but to us, just do the math and determine if it is better getting cheers or just ordering by the drink. Most drinks were in the $8.95 range, with beers around $6. Highest price drink we saw on any menu was $14. They may have higher drinks somewhere or off menu.

Only the alcoholic drinks count towards your 15 day limit. Sodas, coffees (non-spiked), waters, shakes etc do not count.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Glad the package worked well for you. Some just forget to add up the non-alcoholic drinks when assessing the daily charge.

Yes, for me 8-10 diet cokes. Yes, I tip a dollar (cash) with each drink and got fabulous service. You can also put an extra tip on your sail and sign card, but those tips have to be shared with all of the bartenders, servers etc. Cash they get to keep. That said, I still got good service from bartenders that didn't know me yet. They are busy, but generally not a long wait to get a drink.

Since I have no way to know who gets the 15% I paid when I bought the Cheers package, I always tip $1 or 2 for each drink, especially when it's from Alchemy. Those drinks take time to make! Had amazing service the entire cruise, but I would like to think it's because they're awesome bartenders and not because of a few dollars:)