Have you ever thought about using Carnival's Vacation Guarantee?

MargieWY

Before the option was in place. We wanted off the Destiny. Kids fighting in the halls at 3 am .Blood spattered walls ,my door . My wife crying herself to sleep that night.. Bet those Triumph poop cruisers would have loved to used that option .

Triumph poop cruisers would have loved to used that option .

Not me. I grew up in the woods and camping in the middle of a mosquito infested forest was worse than that. Plus a full refund for the cruise, future cruise credit in the amount of that cruise, plus $500 in cash. Sign me up!!!

Not me. I grew up in the woods and camping in the middle of a mosquito infested forest was worse than that. Plus a full refund for the cruise, future cruise credit in the amount of that cruise, plus $500 in cash. Sign me up!!![/quote]

Dang ,bet your muscles are bigger than miñe too :o :D

Not me. I grew up in the woods and camping in the middle of a mosquito infested forest was worse than that. Plus a full refund for the cruise, future cruise credit in the amount of that cruise, plus $500 in cash. Sign me up!!![/quote]

Dang ,bet your muscles are bigger than miñe too :o :D

Hahahahaha! No, but I can start a fire and keep it going throughout the night. You become pretty self sufficient when you live in the middle of nowhere [emoji846].

No. Even with continual plumbing issues, sewage smells, and flooding of cabins on our deck area on the Sunshine, we didn't use the vacation guarantee. We did get 15% off a future cruise, plus several hundred in onboard credits for the problems though.

Have you ever been on a Carnival cruise that was so bad that it, at least, made you think that it would be better to cut it short and take advantage of the Guarantee?

No way. After months of anticipation to get on the ship, why would I want to leave?

I thought about it. Not because the cruise was bad, but because it was or first cruise traveling with an infant and we underestimated how challenging it would be. We had quite a few "what have we done??" moments when we were so frazzled that we thought that it would be wise to get off at the next port of call and go home.

Long story short, we stuck with it and, after we figured things out, we had a good time. Our son is now 7 (and our daughter is 5) and he's been on 6 cruises across 4 different cruise lines (with cruise #7 on cruise line #5 coming up in a few short months). [emoji3]We've definitely mastered the art of cruising with small children.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Growing up in the country and having an outhouse. Having to use said outhouse after two rooster had a fight it makes the Triumph cruise a walk in the park. My wife would have found us a spot on the upper deck and i would have supplied the food.:p

So out of 32 cruises there are two:

1. Before the guarantee existed, we were on the Carnival Glory. Our cabin had zero air flow unless we propped the door open. Take a shower, and temp got worse. The experience is outlined in past posts from a decade ago. Sailing with young kids. Sleeping was nearly impossible, ship was full, nothing could be done. Finally got relief day 4 of 7 day cruise...in a room over the piano bar. Slept during the day, since late night was loud in the new room, but at least it was cool.

2. Carnival Glory again, just a few months ago. We were on the sailing immediately after dry dock. The ones before were awful with noise and construction on lido. Smell, noise, etc. Our cabin was literally right inside the door from where the construction was. Went in ready to use the guarantee if necessary as well as all of those in the roll call. Carnival was VERY proactive in this case, and took amazing care of us.

So to recap, if ever in a situation like #1, would pull the trigger on the guarantee IMMEDIATELY with no regrets. If they could fix it, great, if not - send me home with my money. This is why we were actively prepared walking on the #2 to use it if we were going to be miserable.

The threshold is high for its use, but that threshold is there. Hope to never need it, happy its there - just in case.

Growing up in the country and having an outhouse. Having to use said outhouse after two rooster had a fight it makes the Triumph cruise a walk in the park. My wife would have found us a spot on the upper deck and i would have supplied the food.:p

You can see my post above, but thought I would comment on this. I watch the Splendor and Triumph fire cruises, and in both cases watched the best in humanity under some very trying conditions. Obviously the guarantee wasn't an option on either of them, so its a mute point. However, personally, I would have actually enjoyed witnessing either cruise first hand. Watching both passenger and crew rise to the occasion would be inspiring. And Carnival took care of those guests. In a case like that, find me a spot on deck, and make the most of it.

Sorry cant agree with that. I used to but not anymore.

Bill

I cannot agree with that either. I can think of a lot of things or places I would rather be than on a cruise ship. But that isn't stopping us from getting on the Breeze in four days.

Doesn't the guarantee have to be claimed within 24 hours of boarding? Hard to imagine deciding that soon to bail on something you spent so long planning for.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

24 hours of sailing (4pm generally)

I cannot agree with that either. I can think of a lot of things or places I would rather be than on a cruise ship. But that isn't stopping us from getting on the Breeze in four days.

Not me. At that specific time, that is where I choose to be. The ship is my happy place and I would rather be there than anywhere else. Even when I had food poisoning on the Conquest, I was glad I was there instead of at home because at home I couldn't sit on the toilet and lean over to the shower at the same time! Use your imagination on that last part 🤢.

Yes, I invoked the Vacation Guarantee once. This was before the guarantee was improved a couple of years ago.

We were on Liberty and our stateroom wasn't receiving any air conditioning. My sister has medical issues and I knew I'd have trouble sleeping in such a warm, moist room m'self, so after a lot of back and forth at Guest Services that first night (FTTF saved the day, too), my sister concurred and I went there and invoked the guarantee.

At that point, the GS officer spoke with the Hotel Services Manager and -- despite the ship sailing full -- were able to move us to a different stateroom that WAS being air-conditioned. The pax who had that stateroom were apparently unable to make the cruise...so we got lucky. Aside from lousy dining room service and missing HMC, the rest of the cruise and the itinerary were great.

Yes, I invoked the Vacation Guarantee once. This was before the guarantee was improved a couple of years ago.

We were on Liberty and our stateroom wasn't receiving any air conditioning. My sister has medical issues and I knew I'd have trouble sleeping in such a warm, moist room m'self, so after a lot of back and forth at Guest Services that first night (FTTF saved the day, too), my sister concurred and I went there and invoked the guarantee.

At that point, the GS officer spoke with the Hotel Services Manager and -- despite the ship sailing full -- were able to move us to a different stateroom that WAS being air-conditioned. The pax who had that stateroom were apparently unable to make the cruise...so we got lucky. Aside from lousy dining room service and missing HMC, the rest of the cruise and the itinerary were great.

I've often wondered if it was bad enough to invoke the guarantee, if miraculously things that couldn't be solved quickly are.

Have you ever been on a Carnival cruise that was so bad that it, at least, made you think that it would be better to cut it short and take advantage of the Guarantee?

I don't even know what that is lol..is that like a money back guarantee