Help! NCL vs RCCL western Caribbean Itinerary 2018

Hi there

I'm having a major dilemma in picking an itinerary for our March 2018 cruise and have come in search of expert advice clear.png?emoji-wink-1685. We have cruised the Mediterranean the past 2 years on the NCL Epic and have decided to try the Caribbean next spring. We're thinking of the Western Caribbean however can't decide between Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas or NCL's Epic (3rd time I know). Both trips cost roughly the same. On one hand we really would love to try a RCCL Mega-ship and would love seeing new shows etc. however I'm unsure about the itinerary. RCCL travels from Port Canaveral to Labadee (Private island in Haiti), Falmouth (Jamaica), and Cozumel (Mexico). NCL on the other hand has an extra port day, travelling from Port Canaveral to Ocho Rios (Jamaica), Great Stirrup Cay (Private Island in the Bahamas), Georgetown (Grand Cayman) and Cozumel (Mexico).

Does anyone have any advice regarding the itineraries? How is Falmouth vs Ocho Rios? Will we be missing much in Georgetown??

I'm posting this in both the NCL and RCCL subforums but if it could be better located just let me know!

Many thanks!

Can find good excursions from both ports in Jamaica, and recommend doing group excursions there. Never docked in ocho rios but heard it's a shorter drive to Dunn river falls.

Rccl excursion from Falmouth to falls and grotto caves went well for us but there might be better options than walking up it if not somewhat athletic (even then there is a risk of injury). Glad did it once but wouldn't do again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Friends of ours have been on both of those ships several times and love them both. We have been on Oasis before and love it with our family. After two times on the Epic, I would recommend you try the Oasis, especially if it is the same price. I am not a big fan of the ports in Jamaica, especially Falmouth. Labadee is a nice beach day though. For the Oasis, the ship is the destination. I am not sure exactly what you are looking for in a cruise, but if you like the big ships, like the Epic, you will likely love the Oasis.

give something else a try. We usually cruise RCCL but will be going back for a cruise on NCL this December. It is nice to see what else is out there for a change.

Many thanks everyone for all your help!! We're thinking we'll give the oasis a go despite our obsession with the epic! Great tips from everybody-thanks!

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Forums mobile app

Hope your trip is great. As others have said the Norwegian stops are better. The Oasis would be a new experience. We have done the Freedom of the Seas 3 times and would not hesitate to do it again if the stops were to our liking.