Princess hotel excursions question

JP-Cruise

So I am new to cruising with princess and am very excited! Doing an Alaska cruise tour. I just read that when you pre reserve excursion on the cruise personalizer page, you don't pay for them right away. Not until after you have done the excursion which I think is pretty amazing. Does this apply for the hotel excursions as well or only the ship excursions? Also how does it work with the ticket? Do they email you your ticket or do you pick it up at the hotels?

You must be reading an old source. Princess began phasing in the requirement to pre-pay for shore excursions more than a year ago. Have you tried reserving one for your cruise in your personalizer? (Though it may be too early for the 2018 season to do so now...but you didn't say if your are cruising this year or next).

And as far as I know you have always been required to pre-pay for any optional add-ons to the land portion of your cruise tour. And note the cancellation deadline when you book them: some are thirty days or more in advance else you lose your entire payment, unlike onboard shore excursions that are refundable up to a couple days before you reach that port.

You must be reading an old source. Princess began phasing in the requirement to pre-pay for shore excursions more than a year ago. Have you tried reserving one for your cruise in your personalizer? (Though it may be too early for the 2018 season to do so now...but you didn't say if your are cruising this year or next).

And as far as I know you have always been required to pre-pay for any optional add-ons to the land portion of your cruise tour. And note the cancellation deadline when you book them: some are thirty days or more in advance else you lose your entire payment, unlike onboard shore excursions that are refundable up to a couple days before you reach that port.

Oh ok. Thanks. Ya I'm going July 27, 28. So it is too early to book anything in my cruise personalizer

cruises beginning in october or november of this year require prepayment. i wish that wasn't the case but op, you will have to prepay.

So if you purchase hotel excursions, is your ticket waiting for you at the hotel, or do they email it to you? How does it work?

So if you purchase hotel excursions, is your ticket waiting for you at the hotel, or do they email it to you? How does it work?

Your guide will give you the tickets if on a guided cruisetour. We received ours from him during our transit to the next hotel.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

I don't think that there was ever a time you didn't pay for an excursion until "after you have done the excursion". You need some sort of a ticket for the excursions and they're not going to give you one if you haven't paid.

For our September cruise, we booked only one cruise line tour; they automatically applied part of our OBC credit to pay for the tour. There was no choice offered to pay by credit card or to defer payment.

Interesting that cruises beginning later this year require prepayment of tours. That would be a first for me (after many cruises) and they have always been 'reserve now/pay later'. Guess it doesn't really matter as you still can cancel (before the allotted time) and get the $$$ back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think that there was ever a time you didn't pay for an excursion until "after you have done the excursion". You need some sort of a ticket for the excursions and they're not going to give you one if you haven't paid.

Until recently that was the way it worked on Princess.

If you made your excursion reservation pre-cruise you did not have to pay for it pre-cruise (although you could if you wanted to).

On embarkation day your excursion tickets would be delivered to your cabin. That day the excursion costs would be added to your on-board account.

You did not have to actually pay for them until you settled your on-board account at the end of the cruise, either with cash on the ship or to your credit card.

So yes, you did not pay for the excursions until after you took them.

This was one of a number of things that made Princess unique since most other cruise lines required payment at the time a reservation was made.

But Princess has been making a number of changes lately to make itself less unique and harder to differentiate from the other mass market cruise lines.

Until recently that was the way it worked on Princess.

If you made your excursion reservation pre-cruise you did not have to pay for it pre-cruise (although you could if you wanted to).

On embarkation day your excursion tickets would be delivered to your cabin. That day the excursion costs would be added to your on-board account.

You did not have to actually pay for them until you settled your on-board account at the end of the cruise, either with cash on the ship or to your credit card.

So yes, you did not pay for the excursions until after you took them.

This was one of a number of things that made Princess unique since most other cruise lines required payment at the time a reservation was made.

But Princess has been making a number of changes lately to make itself less unique and harder to differentiate from the other mass market cruise lines.

That kind of really sucks that they changed that rule. I really liked that idea

Of not paying for your excursion until you get on the ship. But oh well, things change, that's life right