Ultimate Dining Package Question

Hey all,

We are returning to RCI for the first time in 5 years, I have missed them for sure! We are considering the Ultimate Dining Package on our upcoming cruise on Freedom. Does the Ultimate Dining Package include all fee based restaurants such as Johnny Rockets? Or does it only include the three Specialty Restaurants?

Thanks in advance!

Hey all,

We are returning to RCI for the first time in 5 years, I have missed them for sure! We are considering the Ultimate Dining Package on our upcoming cruise on Freedom. Does the Ultimate Dining Package include all fee based restaurants such as Johnny Rockets? Or does it only include the three Specialty Restaurants?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure, but I think it would be a waste to use at JR since that cost is only $8 per person.

Not sure, but I think it would be a waste to use at JR since that cost is only $8 per person.

This package includes Specialty dining every night of the sailing and lunch in the specialty restaurants on sea days (almost all inclusive) Not sure I want the big meal for lunch and wondered if Johnny Rockets would be an option as well?

This package includes Specialty dining every night of the sailing and lunch in the specialty restaurants on sea days (almost all inclusive) Not sure I want the big meal for lunch and wondered if Johnny Rockets would be an option as well?

I don't see why not, but I cannot recall anyone reporting being able to use the package at JR. Hopefully someone will chime in and confirm.

The things excluded are Izumi's hibachi section, Chef's Table, Bottomless galley brunch and Johnny Rockets.

All other specialty dining is included. I did see RCCL raise the price recently on the 7 day cruises.

Interesting.... copy and pasted from my current cruise planner re Ultimate Dining Package:

Prices are per person for the full sailing. All selections are subject to change. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to verify eligibility upon arrival to the activity. Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. One reservation will be automatically created for the first night of the sailing. All other reservations must be made onboard and are subject to availability. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner and, when available, lunch service. Package valid for one specialty dining restaurant per meal. Beverages not included. For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $50 food credit. Additional charges may apply for special food selections. VAT will be added to the price where applicable. Children ages 6-12 can be added to reservation for a $10 cover charge once onboard. Not available on holiday sailings. Not valid for Chef's Table, Izumi Hibachi, or Culinary Experiences/Activities. Guests will receive 20% off when booking Chef's Table and/or any Culinary Experience/Activity onboard. Advertised pricing only applies to select sailing. Lunch in select specialty dining restaurants takes place only on sea days from the hours of 12:00PM to 2:00PM. Offer provides discount off wine selections at specialty dining restaurants with the purchase of a qualifying dining package. Offer provides 40% discount off bottles of wine priced at $100 or less; 20% discount off bottles of wine priced over $100. VAT will be added to the price where applicable. Offer valid only with the purchase of 3-night, 4-night, 5-night, or Ultimate Dining Packages; other Dining Packages excluded. Terms of Royal Caribbean’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Offer is not transferable, not redeemable for cash, and expires on the final night of the cruise. Terms of Dining Packages apply. Offer is non-refundable, non-transferable and not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts or any other offer or promotion. Offer excludes charters. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time. ©2017 Royal Caribbean International. Ships’ registry: Bahamas.

• 2 months later...

Just updating. We had read all the exclusions when booking, and as posted above Johnny Rockets is NOT excluded in the fine print (and it is listed online under "specialty restraunts" for the ship we were on --Freedom). I also called Crown and Anchor a few days after booking and while on the phone with them asked about lunch at JR being included on the Ultimate package and was told it was.

Then we tried to eat lunch at JR on our Freedom TA and were told no. I figured the staff were just confused and we signed the bill after they checked with somebody then went to guest services later on. A very surly person, read through all the fine print and eventually told us we were being given a favour and they'd waive the one charge but not to go back there. As a TA, there are a lot of sea days and only three other specialty dining options---we bought partially on the idea that we could enjoy some guilt free trips to JRs (a treat for those of us who live outside the US where such food is not readily available)---so when I ran into the Restraunt Manager a few days later I asked about it. He made a quick call and said it was taken care of and we could dine at JRs as our meal anytime. A few days later, we went up for lunch and, once again, ran into charges. Another trip to guest services and insisting they call who we had spoken to and it was dropped and our third trip to JRs we were actually not charged.

But, it was a whole lot of hassel---and for us to eat at a less pricey venue than otherwise, which ought to be a good thing in RCI's eyes! I think RCI needs to clarify this point.

Interestingly, we were encouraged to take part in the Galley Brunch and repeatedly told that would be included (it conflicted with progressive trivia so we did not take part---but we were surprised by the push for that since it seemed clearly excluded in the fineprint)

• 3 weeks later...
Just updating. We had read all the exclusions when booking, and as posted above Johnny Rockets is NOT excluded in the fine print (and it is listed online under "specialty restraunts" for the ship we were on --Freedom). I also called Crown and Anchor a few days after booking and while on the phone with them asked about lunch at JR being included on the Ultimate package and was told it was.

Then we tried to eat lunch at JR on our Freedom TA and were told no. I figured the staff were just confused and we signed the bill after they checked with somebody then went to guest services later on. A very surly person, read through all the fine print and eventually told us we were being given a favour and they'd waive the one charge but not to go back there. As a TA, there are a lot of sea days and only three other specialty dining options---we bought partially on the idea that we could enjoy some guilt free trips to JRs (a treat for those of us who live outside the US where such food is not readily available)---so when I ran into the Restraunt Manager a few days later I asked about it. He made a quick call and said it was taken care of and we could dine at JRs as our meal anytime. A few days later, we went up for lunch and, once again, ran into charges. Another trip to guest services and insisting they call who we had spoken to and it was dropped and our third trip to JRs we were actually not charged.

But, it was a whole lot of hassel---and for us to eat at a less pricey venue than otherwise, which ought to be a good thing in RCI's eyes! I think RCI needs to clarify this point.

Interestingly, we were encouraged to take part in the Galley Brunch and repeatedly told that would be included (it conflicted with progressive trivia so we did not take part---but we were surprised by the push for that since it seemed clearly excluded in the fineprint)

Interesting; on the Allure in September we ate at JR several times with dining package and it was never questioned......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums