Alcohol from San Juan port

Anyone buy alcohol at the San Juan port and able to bring it on?

The small and limited duty free liquor store is after you go through security where they scan you and all carryon's. Once you've cleared that there are no more checks. If you get my drift. ;) We always check in at the embarkation desk first then go over to the liquor store. If you make a purchase they ask you for your seapass card. The reason for that is to get your cash purchases tax/duty free. We've only purchased wine so even if we would have been checked (never have) we wouldn't have had a problem.

The small and limited duty free liquor store is after you go through security where they scan you and all carryon's. Once you've cleared that there are no more checks. If you get my drift. ;) We always check in at the embarkation desk first then go over to the liquor store. If you make a purchase they ask you for your seapass card. The reason for that is to get your cash purchases tax/duty free. We've only purchased wine so even if we would have been checked (never have) we wouldn't have had a problem.

Not true. There is still the x-ray machine on the ship. They could see the bottle there and still confiscate. I speak from experience.

Not true. There is still the x-ray machine on the ship. They could see the bottle there and still confiscate. I speak from experience.

So am I. That's why I made the statement. We've never been asked what's in our carryon's or even seen a scanner / x-ray machines upon entering the ship for embarkation day at San Juan on any of our Adventure or Jewel sailings at the Pan Am pier. Only scanners/x-ray machines I've ever seen are the ones you go through and send anything you are carrying when returning from a port day on the different islands. Our last cruise was a B2B on the Jewel 2 and 9 April 2017. I even got an in transit card on the first day of the second leg and repeated the process of purchasing wine after security with no questions asked as I boarded the shop.

My husband asked an employee at the store in the San Juan terminal if passengers could buy liquor at the store and carry it on the ship. The employee said they were required to hold the liquor until you returned. I don't know if they sent the liquor to the ship for storage or if the passenger had to pick it up at the store or terminal upon returning.

Also, there are no scanners when embarking the ship in San Juan. You enter on either deck 4 or 5. The scanners are on deck 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums