14-Day Southbound Alaska Land/Sea tour with NCL

jwatford

Are you thinking what I'm thinking R&R? This just might be something to be considered. . . . Shhh..............

I've been on the TWT and was disappointed that we didn't get to the visitors center at Denali.

Edited by sue402001

Are you thinking what I'm thinking R&R? This just might be something to be considered. . . . Shhh..............

I've been on the TWT and was disappointed that we didn't get to the visitors center at Denali.

Hi Sue,

I am sorry you didn't get to see the visitors centre while on the TWT, but that is just an excuse for you to go back to Alaska :)

This is why I completely recommend the Kantishna experience tour (only to people who truly love the scenery and will not mind the 12 hour bus ride, but mind you that you do stop every hour for bathroom breaks and photo opportunities)

The stop at the Eilson Visitors centre (half way into the park) has the most spectacular views! And at the end of the park road, you walk to a cabin of a prospector\hunter\gatherer who lived there during the Gold Rush. A truly amazing experience not to be missed

Hi Sue,

I am sorry you didn't get to see the visitors centre while on the TWT, but that is just an excuse for you to go back to Alaska :)

This is why I completely recommend the Kantishna experience tour (only to people who truly love the scenery and will not mind the 12 hour bus ride, but mind you that you do stop every hour for bathroom breaks and photo opportunities)

The stop at the Eilson Visitors centre (half way into the park) has the most spectacular views! And at the end of the park road, you walk to a cabin of a prospector\hunter\gatherer who lived there during the Gold Rush. A truly amazing experience not to be missed

Hi

May i ask when is the earliest available for Kantishna tour?

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi

May i ask when is the earliest available for Kantishna tour?

Thank you

Your bus will have a break of around 15—30 minutes at a rest stop in Kantishna.

Turnaround: Kantishna Air Strip, Mile 92

Trip duration: 13 hours, round-trip

Service: June 8 - September 13, 2018

Your bus will have a break of around 15—30 minutes at a rest stop in Kantishna.

Turnaround: Kantishna Air Strip, Mile 92

Trip duration: 13 hours, round-trip

Service: June 8 - September 13, 2018

Oh many thanks for clear answer

Hi Sue,

Thanks JP-Cruise! Now I have a reason to to enjoy my trip even more this August. :D I'll be sure to check with Premier Alaska tours about changing the TWT to the Kantishna Experience. I'm glad I found this thread and thanks for all your great hints!

Thanks JP-Cruise! Now I have a reason to to enjoy my trip even more this August. :D I'll be sure to check with Premier Alaska tours about changing the TWT to the Kantishna Experience. I'm glad I found this thread and thanks for all your great hints!

Excellent Sue, I am very excited for you! I actually tried uploading some photos when I was in the Kantishna tour, at the Eilson Visitors centre, but I am not able to I don't know why :S how do you upload pictures on here? lol

• 4 months later...
I have booked a 14-day Southbound Alaska Land/Sea tour for July of 2018. I am hoping someone can give me a little information regarding the places you stayed during the land portion and any other helpful tips you have. Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP, I'm curious if you've gotten your hotel assignments yet! Going on the same 14 day tour (except northbound) in August this year. I do hope you do a review, I'd love to read it and get some insight before mine!

OP, I'm curious if you've gotten your hotel assignments yet! Going on the same 14 day tour (except northbound) in August this year. I do hope you do a review, I'd love to read it and get some insight before mine!

Currently I am 28 days out from the trip and I have not gotten my docs as of yet. I called NCL this morning and they told me that they are in the process of assigning the hotels and I should have my docs by Friday. I will be doing a trip review post on cruise critic while I am on the trip.

I had so many questions regarding how these land/sea trips work and could not find answers to my questions. So the plan is to do a very detailed review in hopes that it will help a few people out there that have the same questions.

I am on the 14 day southbound land and sea tour, starting the land tour on 10th of July then boarding NCL Jewel on 16th of July. I have received my itinerary already. The hotels that NCL assigned for my land tour are the Bear Lodge in Fairbanks, Denali Park Village in Denali, Anchorage Hilton in Anchorage, and Best Western Bidarka Inn in Homer. Enjoy your cruise!

I am on the 14 day southbound land and sea tour, starting the land tour on 10th of July then boarding NCL Jewel on 16th of July. I have received my itinerary already. The hotels that NCL assigned for my land tour are the Bear Lodge in Fairbanks, Denali Park Village in Denali, Anchorage Hilton in Anchorage, and Best Western Bidarka Inn in Homer. Enjoy your cruise!

Has NCL given you any information on how the luggage works. Do you have to keep all luggage with you during the land portion, or are you able to send a piece of luggage to the ship and it will be there waiting on the ship once you get there after the land portion?

• 2 weeks later...

I just started my land tour with NCL. The cruise director informed us that we can have one bag for the land tour and place another suitcase in storage until the night before we get on the cruise ship. This isn't the only misinformation I received from NCL.

I just started my land tour with NCL. The cruise director informed us that we can have one bag for the land tour and place another suitcase in storage until the night before we get on the cruise ship. This isn't the only misinformation I received from NCL.

When I got my docs, it did communicate that we could store one suitcase for the cruise part of our vacation. What other misinformation did you get? I start my land portion in two more weeks!

What is the realty then?