Curious about storm changes

kicia

I know itineraries can change and that doesn't bother me but was just curious what kind of change could be made to a 3 night cruise from Port Canaveral to Nassau since the itinerary is only Nassau and a sea day. Maybe two sea days. The next storm to watch shows the Bahamas for next Thursday, Friday and Saturday which are the dates of the cruise. Not worried or even concerned and we'll take whatever we get and I know everything can change in a week, but was just curious. Thanks!

If there are changes to your embark or debark, Carnival will post the changes at the top of their site. If it's like last year, just look for the ugly off-yellow "rectangle of death" to appear at the upper left corner. (We were haunting the site last October due to Hurricanes Lisa and Matthew and came to fear that yellow box.)

They will also notify you by phone/text and email if you indicate this during online check-in. I highly recommend this.

They do not normally post en-route schedule changes on the site (reversing itineraries, skipping ports, etc.) unless they affect your homeport, since people ashore wouldn't have a need-to-know.

In the case of a 3 night cruise out of Canaveral to Nassau, you might end up with a cruise to nowhere for 3 nights, or they may shorten the trip to a 2 nighter to nowhere.

When this happens with advance notice, they let you know your options to still go on the revised itinerary or to cancel.

I used to work at Carnival as a personal vacation planner, so that's been my experience with 3/4 night cruises out of a port that doesn't have many options to swap ports of call due to distance to get there and length of the cruise.

In the case of a 3 night cruise out of Canaveral to Nassau, you might end up with a cruise to nowhere for 3 nights, or they may shorten the trip to a 2 nighter to nowhere.

When this happens with advance notice, they let you know your options to still go on the revised itinerary or to cancel.

I used to work at Carnival as a personal vacation planner, so that's been my experience with 3/4 night cruises out of a port that doesn't have many options to swap ports of call due to distance to get there and length of the cruise.

Thank you. That's what I was trying to find out. I know about all of the above but just wanted to know what actually happens in this case. It is just a boat ride for us and we don't really care where it goes. It looks like Freeport and maybe Key West are possibilities as far as distance but they might have the same impact. We're just going on the ship next Thursday and see what happens.