Solo cabins and age

uncleg

Hello, I am a 51 year old single male who cruises mostly alone on Carnival because of the price, but Carnival is not geared to solo/single cruisers. I am currently looking for my next cruise and NCL because of the price on the studio cabins ( the ships that have them) and they appear to put some effort into single cruisers, Carnival does not.

What is the age range or average of studio cruisers? I am just looking for people to have dinner with, maybe some dancing or a excursion, I am not looking for a hookup, just some folks to hangout with and have a good time.

Every cruise will be different of course. When I went on Breakaway last year we had a huge range of ages. I was 45 and hung out with a group that ranged from 30 to 75. We had a ball! We all did our thing during the day alone but would meet up in the evenings. We dined with the solo group but on the nights when there was no solo group dinner scheduled we met up and dined together anyway. Then the evening activities - dancing, drinking, hanging around talking. Also, NCL has solo meet ups on not just the ships with studios. I was on the Jade in January - not as a solo - but there was a solo coordinator and a large group of solo passengers who attended dinner and shows together.

I've sailed NCL in the solo in the Studio Cabins 6 times, and the ages range from 20 somethings all the way up to 70-80 year olds... NCL really does put out a great product when it comes to solo cruisers, and you will have no problem finding others to do stuff with...

I am older than you and love the solo cabins. There is a wide age range and in my experience people are not looking to hook up, but some look for table mates or excursion companions. You can be as involved with the nightly solo activities as you want. There is usually a board set up in the lounge where people put requests like looking for someone who wants to go on excursions, or looking for someone to share a meal. I do not attend any of the social gatherings, but I met many people who do. I really like the solo lounge for bedtime cookies and coffee.

I agree Carnival and RCI do not cater to solo cruisers, bur NCL has really stepped up.

NCL provides coordinators who put a lot of effort into solo gatherings, which will include meeting up for dinner, entertainment, and other activities. It's always been easy to meet people because of that. You see pretty much the full age spectrum of adult cruisers in the lounge travelling solo.

NCL provides coordinators who put a lot of effort into solo gatherings, which will include meeting up for dinner, entertainment, and other activities. It's always been easy to meet people because of that. You see pretty much the full age spectrum of adult cruisers in the lounge travelling solo.

I've had a mixed bag of results when it comes to the member of the CD staff assigned to coordinate solo events. A few have been really good at helping to break the ice on the first night and help coordinate things, but others are less than stellar. It's a personality thing, just like with any Cruise Director staff responsibility, and some people do well in a group of solo travelers and some need some work.

I enjoyed the solo cabin experience on the Breakaway. Like others noted, there is a wide age range, but most are just looking to enjoy some vacation time both solo and with others. I had no problem hanging with a group for dinner, excursions, or other evening events. I also enjoyed quiet time by myself. Norwegian does a good job of providing you with opportunity to make the most of your cruise. I would highly recommend.