**Navigator of the Seas **Thanksgiving Cruise - Mini Review and Radiance Class Compar

LEtue

Well, I have been back one week and just thought I would post a few thoughts. Overall, I think I prefer the Radiance Class ships over the the Voyager Class....

First the ship is beautiful! The centrium is impressive and I loved the mini mall but I missed the musicians that performed in the centrium before dinner each night on the Jewel last year. They were fantastic!

The solarium on the Navigator is not covered. I didn't know you could have a solarium without a cover but since the ship reportedly won't leave the Caribbean they didn't add one. The recorded nature sounds and the continental breakfast offered at 6am on the Jewel were also missing.

The ice rink on the Navigator made for a great ice show! Loved that and no one should miss it.

The staff on both ships were great - never disappointed about this aspect on any RCI ship so far :D Our waiter Ramon and asst. waiter Alok were thoroughly entertaining. One thing I noticed on this cruise was the presense of the head waiter. He was always stopping by to clear dishes and generally help the wait staff.

Our inside cabin appeared to be a little smaller and so I checked the footage when I got home. It was 160 sq. ft. as compared with 170 sq. ft. on the Jewel. Not a big deal and barely noticable. Overall, all of the areas of the ship (with the exception of the centrium) were compressed to make room for more passengers. Some of our group went looking for the pool tables which were also omitted because of lack of space.

I can only think of one area that still needs improvement on RCI - embarkation. It is always so conjested and unorganized. I thought that the pre-board registration and set sail passes would eliminate most of this but it didn't. RCI execs should go through a Princess process to see how well can be done ;)

If anyone has any questions about the Navigator you can email me. For those of you sailing soon - you're going to love the Navigator!

Overall, all of the areas of the ship (with the exception of the centrium) were compressed to make room for more passengers. Some of our group went looking for the pool tables which were also omitted because of lack of space.

I've been on both Voyager and Radiance class ships. I'm having trouble figuring out what you mean by things are "compressed." And the pool tables were not omitted because of lack of space. They are not there because RCI has chosen to keep them unique to the Radiance class ships.

"I can only think of one area that still needs improvement on RCI - embarkation. It is always so conjested and unorganized."

If you were sailing NOS, you were out of Miami, where I've embarked on Voyager and Explorer.

Last month, we embarked from San Juan PR on Adventure OS; the boarding process there was far more disorganized than the same in Miami. Just a heads up if you ever sail a Southern itinerary out of Puerto Rico.

Wow, I thought the embarkcation was VERY smooth when i sailed Navigator back in May, and our ship was sold out!!

Ii guess that goes to show that every single cruise experience is different!!

Glad you liked the ship though, she IS a beauty!

I will be doing the exact opposite of you-- I sailed the Navigator a few years ago, and next cruise will be on the Radiance. I can already tell I will like the Radiance better because of the enclosed solarium and the pool table. I would much rather shoot some pool than ice skate -- less falling down involved (well, depending on how much liquor is downed while playing, I guess wink.gif)

Archived