Your favorite local shop for Tequila

Dirtmaker66

I have always been a reposado fan, however my favorite now is the Don Julio 70th anniversary, a superb sipping tequila as is the 1942. I also like the Lunazel blanco and Jose Cuervo Tradicional reposado for less expensive options when in Playa and Cozumel. There are many craft tequilas around now, be sure to taste as some are terrible.

Enjoy your research!

Mega and Chedurai will have the larger selections, both on the main road from the ports heading into town a block apart, as will Covi Liquors on Avenida 30.

La Europa carries some specialized brands including the small batch villages mescals, like del Maguey, or some pechugas It's across the street from Mega, near the old Margaritaville, as I recall.

La Hacienda Antiqua or the Tequila Factory carry only a single distiller's Cava Antiqua, which despite the "factory" name is located in Guadalajara.

Most of the brands you'll see will be familiar to you. But look for Siete Leguas or Maestro Tequilero for something different. I'm sure others here have favs.

Mega and Chedurai will have the larger selections, both on the main road from the ports heading into town a block apart, as will Covi Liquors on Avenida 30.

La Europa carries some specialized brands including the small batch villages mescals, like del Maguey, or some pechugas It's across the street from Mega, near the old Margaritaville, as I recall.

La Hacienda Antiqua or the Tequila Factory carry only a single distiller's Cava Antiqua, which despite the "factory" name is located in Guadalajara.

Most of the brands you'll see will be familiar to you. But look for Siete Leguas or Maestro Tequilero for something different. I'm sure others here have favs.

I have a friend that purchased Comotellico but can't remember what shop he got it from. Are you familiar with that brand? Thank you

for the info.

Sorry, I'm not.

Bluewater, have you seen this anywhere?

But I would venture to Covi or Europa and check with them. the two grocery stores are near by if neither of the other stores carry it. Also look in the Duty Free shop at the pier. Sometimes they carry things that aren't simply the mass market stuff, or a clerk may know where to go.