Captain Apostokos Bouzakis passing

springfire

This is very sad news; my thoughts and prayers go out to the Captain's family. And may the Captain rest in peace.

I learned the sad news in a blast email from Celebrity -- a note from Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, accompanied by her beaming, smiling stock photo. Totally jarring, given the message. I wish someone in X's communications dept had had the good sense not to use that photo for this particular "news" email. (No photo at all, or, better yet, one of Capt. Bouzakis, would have been more appropriate.)

Again, RIP Capt, Bouzakis

OMG! Couldn't agree more!

So sorry to hear the news of the passing of Capt. Bouzakis. Have only been on 6 Celebrity cruises so far . Our first ship was the Equinox and Capt. Bouzakis was the Master. Met him a couple of times on that trip and he had time to speak to all his passengers. A couple of years ago were on the Reflection and again , he was in charge. Met him again at the Captains cocktail party. I mentioned that I had sailed with him on Equinox a few years earlier. His reply was " No I sailed with you " A brilliant captain and a sincere man. He will be missed.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences to his familly. I sailed on the Reflection last year in June, in the Aegean Sea. He was the Captain. I had the chance to speak to him a couple of times, then, and found him a very approachable and open man. Yes, i think his was a great captain, appreciated by his crew and passengers.

J.