Noise from laundry room

knot knormal

We are sailing Saturday out of Athens, Greece and just got our room assignment. We are directly across the hall from the laundry room. We are not happy, only 6 cruises with Princess, but certainly hoped we would get a better room. Can anyone tell me what I should expect in terms of noise and how early it starts and how late it goes?

The later in the week the more noise.

You have a great location! You will hear absolutely nothing and if you have laundry to do you are in an excellent spot!! We were right next door several times and did not hear a thing!!! Relax and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good to hear that even cabins backing up to the laundry don't hear rattling machines. On a few cruises I have looked at, the only rooms left are next to the laundry, and I was hesitant

• 3 months later...

I haven't been on a Princess cruise since 2013 but the last one we were on over 7 days and I had to do any washing, and machines were in use, I would stay and wait rather then come back because you could lose your place. if the wait was no more then 30 minutes, I would stay there. One lady had been traveling the Decks to wait on a machine. She finally stayed with several of us since a machine was soon to open up for her.

my suitcase gets taken no matter what. so 8 shirts vs 4 would make no difference to me. now for 2 weeks id def do the wash! but 2 weeks wont be in the cards for a while.

We can get by with two carry on's or one checked bag for the two of us by utilizing the laundry. Just trying to say the laundry will see some use even on a 7 day. Based on conversations in the laundry room we aren't the only ones that do this.

I would never book a cabin right across from the laundry room. We booked a guarantee once for an Alaska cruise and got assigned across from laundry room. There were people going in there at all hours. It was never locked overnight. The door got propped open often and when there were several folks in there, their talking was loud due to the running machines. I know Alaska cruises probably have more people doing laundry due to some being on land tours prior to the cruise. I got up during the night to go to the bathroom one night and looked out the peephole. I saw an elderly couple coming out of the laundry room with their bags of laundry. Go figure. The competition was fierce for the machines. If your cruise is more than 7 days, you can count on the laundry room being used a lot.

well whats done is done. i got the cabin for 169 so ill just deal with it and chalk it up to a cheap fare if i do have a bad experience. if i paid full price i may be ticked though but lesson learned. this was last minute quick decision when rooms were going like hotcakes and choices had to be made