Galveston - Royal Caribbean Terminal - Customs question...

SRV FAN

I have sailed RC from Galveston ~ I don't know how many times.... and I have been in the "new" terminal...last cruise... but I didn't notice what I am about to ask..................

Is there a "Global Entry" line? Or does that only apply to airports? With the nightmare disembarkation process there, I was thinking if they did have the G.E. line....I'd spring the $100 for it just so I could get outta there sooner!

We sailed out of Galveston twice last year - have two more planned in October/December this year out of Galveston. Disembarkation for our first cruise out of Galveston last year (Liberty) took forever - and we did walk off with our luggage, leaving in one of the first groups. Disembarkation for our second one (Breeze) was super smooth and easy. We were told that the reason it took so long to get through customs for our Liberty cruise was because the ship had stopped in Honduras. Some friends of ours had just taken this same cruise a few weeks prior and they experienced, and were told, the same thing. We've opted not to choose another one that stops in Honduras. We enjoyed Honduras, but the 2 hour process to get out of the terminal just wasn't worth it. Again, I'm just repeating what we were told by cruise ship and customs officials. FWIW Happy sailing whatever you decide!

We sailed on the Liberty last week and it took us 30 mins from when we were called to when we exited the terminal. We went to grand cayman, Cozumel and jamaica. We didn't even need to fill out a customs declaration form.

We sailed out of Galveston twice last year - have two more planned in October/December this year out of Galveston. Disembarkation for our first cruise out of Galveston last year (Liberty) took forever - and we did walk off with our luggage, leaving in one of the first groups. Disembarkation for our second one (Breeze) was super smooth and easy. We were told that the reason it took so long to get through customs for our Liberty cruise was because the ship had stopped in Honduras. Some friends of ours had just taken this same cruise a few weeks prior and they experienced, and were told, the same thing. We've opted not to choose another one that stops in Honduras. We enjoyed Honduras, but the 2 hour process to get out of the terminal just wasn't worth it. Again, I'm just repeating what we were told by cruise ship and customs officials. FWIW Happy sailing whatever you decide!

Yes...the Honduras itinerary does take longer.... but we LOVE Roatan... so we'll do it again. The issue we had on the last cruise was there weren't enough customs agents....... only four.......... there are 8 lines...... there should be 8 agents! Uggggg.