Got your crystal ball?

A&Jfamily

It was on the 6 pm news and just repeated on the 11 pm news, all major stations. 3 feet of rain, surge has been upgraded to possibly 30 feet, major flooding and 130 MPH winds. Don't kill the messenger. Please stay safe.

This tells me your meteorologist is on crack. The 11pm time comment confirms that. We're CDT, and our news is at 10. Not one forecast model has a tide surge above 7 ft here. Rain guesstimated at 10-25" spread out over the next five days.

All is secure; house, boat, dog, wife, pool, cars, Kimber and cash. We've been through this before. Never flooded.

.l

Saying 40 inches of rain is coming in. Historically Galveston has never seen this much rain. Flooding is going to happen.

No way ships will be able to make port for a while.

Louisiana is also in the same mess. Effects New Orleans now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After this, I'm sure that Carnival and Royal will be looking for new homeports for their ships. I hear that Rapid City and Topeka have aggressive port projects afoot, with massive dredging planned.

Carnival is crazy they announced that the port at galveston is already closed and the hurricane is far away but that there no changes in this weekend cruises.IDIOTS

RCCL has this on its web site right now:

August 24, 2017

Liberty of the Seas is keeping a safe distance behind the storm as she making her way back to Galveston. We are actively monitoring path and progression of Hurricane Harvey and will make sure to inform our guests of any itinerary changes.

I read that Carnival is issuing an update after 12PM today.

s.gif

This tells me your meteorologist is on crack. The 11pm time comment confirms that. We're CDT, and our news is at 10. Not one forecast model has a tide surge above 7 ft here. Rain guesstimated at 10-25" spread out over the next five days.

All is secure; house, boat, dog, wife, pool, cars, Kimber and cash. We've been through this before. Never flooded.

.l

I posted after 11 pm EST and you tell me our meteorologists are on crack?? You make no sense. One weatherman was reporting on a pier in Galveston and said with the storm surge that the water would be over his head and pointed up to the lights on the pier and said the water would also be over that. I also said not to kill the messenger. I hope you are safe and remain that way.

I will pass along your kind words to our most senior professor of meteorology ,DR. Hurricane Schwartz.