SL card for 24 hours - purchase online?

We are taking the ship's transfer to Stockholm and back for our day there. We want to start off near the Vasa and Abba museums and then ferry over to the old town area. I do not know where the ship transport is going to drop us off so it is hard to plan the day but from what I am reading our best bet will be to use the public transportation rather than HOHO (they are usually too slow) to get around.

If I could purchase our 24 hour passes online ahead of time (from the U.S.) I would love to have that out of the way. Is that a possibility?

• 2 weeks later...
We are taking the ship's transfer to Stockholm and back for our day there. We want to start off near the Vasa and Abba museums and then ferry over to the old town area. I do not know where the ship transport is going to drop us off so it is hard to plan the day but from what I am reading our best bet will be to use the public transportation rather than HOHO (they are usually too slow) to get around.

If I could purchase our 24 hour passes online ahead of time (from the U.S.) I would love to have that out of the way. Is that a possibility?

Hi, I double checked with SL customer service and its not possible to buy them online and have them sent to the US.

Are you docking in Nynäshamn?

Hi, I double checked with SL customer service and its not possible to buy them online and have them sent to the US.

Are you docking in Nynäshamn?

Yes we are. Thanks for the info. We will find a place to purchase them when we get to Stockholm.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We purchased our cards in advance and they were sent to the US. Probably arrived within 2 weeks of purchase. Easy to use and got much use from it. Stayed on Skeppsholmen and walked to ferry for Vassa museum. Did canal tours and more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We purchased our cards in advance and they were sent to the US. Probably arrived within 2 weeks of purchase. Easy to use and got much use from it. Stayed on Skeppsholmen and walked to ferry for Vasa museum.

Did canal tours and more.

Kris, what you mean is the Stockholm pass which includes free entry to many museums and etc

and to which one can purchase a travel card as well. The Stockholm pass is available for mail order

but the SL cards needs to be bought locally, either from a machine or from a manned retailer.