Old and New San Juan excursion

Old San Juan is an easy walking tour you can do on your own. We have done the Rain Forest and Bacardi Factory (not on cruise excursions) and they are both fun, in their own way. I would love to see Arecibo but I don't think anybody does that as an excursion.

1) Walking tour map can be downloaded or a guided tour by Heritage Walking Tours.

2) Museo de Las Americas on Norzagaray St. If at El Morro facing away from the fort, the museum is in the 1st building on the corner on the left.

3) Fort San Cristobal

4) Fort El Morro

If you have done this excursion pleas give me your opinion.

We did this tour about 3 years ago after disembarking Jewel in San Juan. The tour was decent, but the best part was the drop off at the airport and not having to worry about our bags. I think you have to have a 2PM or later flight. If I recall, the price was reasonable when you factor in the airport transfer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you have done this excursion pleas give me your opinion.

Just did this tour last week while on the Anthem. This was our third time to San Juan - first time we walked around old town ourselves, second we went to El Junque rainforest. We chose this tour as we knew it would be extremely hot and we didn't want to walk as much this time. Tour took us to new San Juan first and made a 20 minute stop at a beach/coffee/restroom area. Next was old San Juan and drove by both forts but then went back to and stopped for an hour at San Cristobal and toured this on our own. Learned a lot of the history and was happy to not be walking as much in the heat/humidity. I recommend this tour.