Blue Lagoon On Your Own?

ppfqp

Hi - I'm going to be in Nassau in ealryl Decemb and am trying to plan an excursion. There are 7 of us, all adults. Some want to snorkel, two are absolutely committed to a dolphin encounter, and the rest just want to lay on the beach. I'm thinking Blue Lagoon would work for everyone. Is it recommended to book it on my own, rather than a ship excursion? It is certainly less expensive through the website.

If we book it on our own, what are the transportation options to get there? We're in port 7am - 5pm. Can we take a taxi straight from the cruise port? Is there also a boat ride involved? Thanks for any information.

You can take a taxi van to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal, which is where the Blue Lagoon ferry leaves from. Taxis are $5 a person.

If your cruise line offers the same dolphin encounter, you may not be able to book directly with Blue Lagoon. They have a contracts with some of the cruise lines so you have to book through the cruise line.

There is a 30-minute ferry boat ride to the island.

You can take a taxi van to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal, which is where the Blue Lagoon ferry leaves from. Taxis are $5 a person.

If your cruise line offers the same dolphin encounter, you may not be able to book directly with Blue Lagoon. They have a contracts with some of the cruise lines so you have to book through the cruise line.

There is a 30-minute ferry boat ride to the island.

Thanks so much for the info. Is there anywhere online that provides the ferry schedule?

What about just going to Blue Lagoon without the dolphin part -- can you book that directly? It just doesn't make sense to pay so much more for the same thing.

• 5 weeks later...
I have a question-so do you have to pay for the beach day at blue lagoon, or just the ferry? We don't need the activities they offer, just would like to go spend the day at the beach relax and perhaps buy some snacks and drinks

'

If you just want to use the beach, you can get an observer pass. It allows access to the beach (and the ferry ride). You can buy it at the ticket window - 30 minutes before each ferry.

There is a bar and lunch pavilion on the premises

I would just take the cruise line excursion. With such a short stay, why deal with a taxi and additional ferry, etc. If you take the excursion, you walk off the ship, they pick you up at the dock and it's simple as can be. We love Blue Lagoon, going again soon. To me, it's worth the cost for the convenience. Plus, the guarantee that they get you back in time is worth every penny, too.