How to decide where to stay in Copenhagen

We are cruising round trip from Copenhagen and need a hotel for one night before the cruise (flying in day before cruise) and 2 days after the cruise. I have no idea how to begin to figure out where the hotel should be located. Ideally would like to pay no more than $200 a night but not sure if this is realistic.We plan to use cabs to and from airport and cruise port. Otherwise public transport is an option as long as there are not too many stairs or too long a walk.

I know we will take the hop on hop off bus for an over view but that is as far as our plan has developed so far.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Your budget of $200 is really low for a hotel room in Copenhagen, so you will likely have to choose a budget hotel. But that's OK because Copenhagen has some very good budget hotels--Wakeup Borgegade, CabINN City Hotel, and the Hotel Bethel, to name a few.

We stayed in the Wakeup Borgegade pre-cruise and it was a great choice. The location is excellent--within walking distance of the shopping area (Stroget), Rosenborg Castle, Nyhavn (where the canal tours originate), etc. The rooms are small and basic, but they are clean, comfortable and quiet (especially if you opt for the Sky or Heaven category, which we did.) There is a breakfast buffet for an extra fee, and it is more than worth it.

Your budget of $200 is really low for a hotel room in Copenhagen, so you will likely have to choose a budget hotel. But that's OK because Copenhagen has some very good budget hotels--Wakeup Borgegade, CabINN City Hotel, and the Hotel Bethel, to name a few.

We stayed in the Wakeup Borgegade pre-cruise and it was a great choice. The location is excellent--within walking distance of the shopping area (Stroget), Rosenborg Castle, Nyhavn (where the canal tours originate), etc. The rooms are small and basic, but they are clean, comfortable and quiet (especially if you opt for the Sky or Heaven category, which we did.) There is a breakfast buffet for an extra fee, and it is more than worth it.

Wake up Borgegade sounds like a good possibility. We do not need anything fancy and the location sounds perfect. I will be looking into this.

I decided to stay at the AC Bella Sky as it looks like a great hotel, is not too expensive and is just a quick ride into town. Also they had a deal if you book with a Visa card breakfast was included.

whatever will bewilder me

Looking at June 2nd I got a few good options under 200 USD

The cabinn hotels are priced at around 110 USD but I onlu list them because they are cheap because I´m not a fan.

Tiny rooms and tiny bathrooms, the owner is inspired by the cabins on overnight ferries at it shows :)

City Hotel Nebo is at 160 USD

Wakeup at the Tivoli Congress center is at 204 USD

Else I can ony find hostels and hotels located in Dragør, Hellerup, Lyngby Ballerup etc etc.

For the other date I find the same hotels but I can add Grand hotel at 316 USD

I would stay near the Stroget where walking distance to reach most attractions. We had seven in our group and hotel rooms were just too expensive for our stay between cruises. We booked two units at the Amazing Apartments half a block from Stroget and about a block away from the city hall where we joined the free walking tour. Very convenient. We were able to walk to the Police station inside the train station to file for a police report of stolen passports and then to the embassy for the passport replacement. :eek:

I would stay near the Stroget where walking distance to reach most attractions. We had seven in our group and hotel rooms were just too expensive for our stay between cruises. We booked two units at the Amazing Apartments half a block from Stroget and about a block away from the city hall where we joined the free walking tour. Very convenient. We were able to walk to the Police station inside the train station to file for a police report of stolen passports and then to the embassy for the passport replacement. :eek:

Oh my, might I ask where the passports were when stolen?

Looking at June 2nd I got a few good options under 200 USD

The cabinn hotels are priced at around 110 USD but I onlu list them because they are cheap because I´m not a fan.

Tiny rooms and tiny bathrooms, the owner is inspired by the cabins on overnight ferries at it shows :)

City Hotel Nebo is at 160 USD

Wakeup at the Tivoli Congress center is at 204 USD

Else I can ony find hostels and hotels located in Dragør, Hellerup, Lyngby Ballerup etc etc.

For the other date I find the same hotels but I can add Grand hotel at 316 USD

Thank you so much for searching for me. I shall look into Hotel Nebo and Wake Up at Tivoli. Is one location better than the other?

The Wake Up hotel at the Tivoli Congress Center is located in a area of Copenhagen where there is not much happening in at least the next 3-4 years.

Ikea, youth housing, a 1200 room Cabinn hotel and the Post Terminal development project with more hotels etc will create alot of life but as I said its still atleast 3-4 years into the future.

City Hotel Nebo is located in the hip Vesterbro area where there is more life, there is still tracks of the old red light district but its not that much visible.