Anyone going to Athens/Piraeus and later going to Ireland? PLEASE HELP

wadden

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a favour please. While on Celerity Reflection cruise in June this year to the Greek Islands, I left my bangle on the scanner at security in the port of Piraeus, Athens. The port authorities have found it and are holding it for me. Unfortunately no courier company will transport jewellery of any kind to Ireland so I am now unable to be reunited with this bangle. If anyone is coming to Ireland after a visit to Athens, I would very much appreciate if you would please collect the bangle in Piraeus Port, and bring it to Ireland with you. I am prepared to travel anywhere in Ireland to pick it up or can meet you at the airport when you arrive. I have explored every avenue to try to get this bangle back, up to and including the Irish Embassy in Athens, but to no avail. It is of great sentimental value to me and won't take any space in your luggage. If anyone can help me out here, I would be so appreciative as my only other option is to fly back to Athens to collect it myself - an expense I would rather avoid. Many thanks to my CC pals in advance. Fingers crossed.

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a favour please. While on Celerity Reflection cruise in June this year to the Greek Islands, I left my bangle on the scanner at security in the port of Piraeus, Athens. The port authorities have found it and are holding it for me. Unfortunately no courier company will transport jewellery of any kind to Ireland so I am now unable to be reunited with this bangle. If anyone is coming to Ireland after a visit to Athens, I would very much appreciate if you would please collect the bangle in Piraeus Port, and bring it to Ireland with you. I am prepared to travel anywhere in Ireland to pick it up or can meet you at the airport when you arrive. I have explored every avenue to try to get this bangle back, up to and including the Irish Embassy in Athens, but to no avail. It is of great sentimental value to me and won't take any space in your luggage. If anyone can help me out here, I would be so appreciative as my only other option is to fly back to Athens to collect it myself - an expense I would rather avoid. Many thanks to my CC pals in advance. Fingers crossed.

Where are you in Ireland?

Have you spoken to Celebrity? Whilst they clearly have no legal responsibility to support you they could possibly advise...If you had left a jewellery item on board I am sure, at a price, they would forward to you. Perhaps they can help to initiate this. Nothing to loose by asking.

Otherwise, could you put your message on the Reflection roll call for the next cruise into Athens? More likely to catch the attention of someone who may live at least nearer to you than Athens....

If the port people are willing to hand it to whoever you designate, couldn't you just have the courier service go pick it up and then send it to you using a standard shipping service? You can ship pretty much anything pretty much anywhere in the world.

Thank you so much everyone for being so responsive and helpful. David has very kindly offered to collect the bangle on Sept.8th and I will meet him at Dublin airport on Sept 11th. Thank you so much for the offers though, really appreciate your help. CC pals come up trumps again

Edited by wadden
Typos

Thank you so much everyone for being so responsive and helpful. David has very kindly offered to collect the bangle on Sept.8th and I will meet him at Dublin airport on Sept 11th. Thank you so much for the offers though, really appreciate your help. CC pals come up trumps again��

So glad for you! Some items are worth so much more than money, so glad your bangle was handed in in the first place and that you have now been able to arrange its return. I do love a happy ending!