Too many adults on board?

flagger

Is any line that limits the amount of adults on board? We are cruising five weeks from today and are concerned there will be too many adults crowding the hot tubs and pools, stairways and buffet lines. When is the best time to cruise to ensure there will not be too many adults on board. It would really put a damper on our vacation if there are too many.

I always tell me 9 year old, "If you see an adult riding an electric scooter coming towards you...RUN...away...AS FAST AS YOU CAN!". That is of course, unless she would like to look like road pizza :D

Thank you for an eye-opening question :) My cruise-happy 9-year-old would be very happy for a limit on adults if it would mean he could FINALLY EXPERIENCE THE MYSTERIES OF THE SPA ... he has been absolutely grumped out for a long time that he can't get a mud pack or facial or spend an hour basking in the bubbles of the T-pool ... age 16 or 18 or whatever you have to be, just can't come quickly enough for him -- TR

Thought the OP was funny. I, too, have sometimes wished I could have escaped from "too many adults."

Not long ago, I booked a hotel through an internet special for a brief getaway for my two daughters and myself. The deal was pay $100 for the room, and receive $100 in free room credits. The three of us went down to the restaurant that evening to use our free credits for dinner. Across the restaurant and at the back of the bar was a group of ladies who seemed to be using their $100 in free credits all on alcohol. My DH and I both drink, so we're not prudes about it, but they were speaking very loudly, using foul language, and laughing like maniacs, all at around 7 p.m. I asked the host if we could move to a quieter location, since the ladies were using language I didn't want my two girls, 9 and 12 yrs old, to hear. Apparently, there was no place far enough away from the bar to avoid the noise. I just laughed, told my kids that the women were drunk, and said we would probably joke about the whole situation later. My 9 yr old took it well, but my 12 yr old just glared at me throughout dinner. She said, "That settles it, I'm never drinking."

I think the point is, some people behave badly. Sometimes they're kids, sometimes they're adults. I don't know how you can escape it.

Archived