Carnival Sale?? Ha! Just Booked Magic Feb 2018

bobandsherry

We were looking to take cruise in February and saw Carnival with "sale". We priced out a cruise for Magic on Feb 3rd. We then looked at our favorite wholesale club site and found same cruise for $80 less and also included $70 "cash card" and there was a special "buyer club" offer of $50/per person onboard credit.

We were looking to take cruise in February and saw Carnival with "sale". We priced out a cruise for Magic on Feb 3rd. We then looked at our favorite wholesale club site and found same cruise for $80 less and also included $70 "cash card" and there was a special "buyer club" offer of $50/per person onboard credit.

Oh yes ;). That's where we got our Victory Deal!! I thought they didn't give out discounts on Carnival. We got a great deal on an Ocean Suite, better than my interline discount.

So called Carnival sales are really not sales

They raise the cruise price to give you OBC.

Or they might lower the deposit amount.

Yep. I've been watching a few cruises for a couple months and they all went up about the amount of the OBC they're offering.

I wish they would bring back the reduced deposit deal like NCL has going on now....

Carnival has had all kinds of reduced deposit options all summer long. Pretty much an ongoing thing all this summer.

In fact, they have a deposits $75 and up offer now

Edited by lizardhowson

Oh yes ;). That's where we got our Victory Deal!! I thought they didn't give out discounts on Carnival. We got a great deal on an Ocean Suite, better than my interline discount.

I was very surprised to see the base price lower, I hadn't seen that in our other recent and no savings on our upcoming April cruise. Perhaps it's due to Costco collecting a full deposit ($250/pp) vs. Carnival dropping the deposit to $75/pp.

I wish they would bring back the reduced deposit deal like NCL has going on now....
If you book with Carnival right now they have $75/pp deposit which is why we looked at what Carnival was offering. But we thought it was worth paying the "full" deposit and book through Costco for $250 savings.

Check it out now. That OBC offer they had last week is gone and it's showing me a lower deposit. Like $150 for one that was $500 last week.

Whoa, when did Costco start selling Carnival Cruises? I stopped looking there after several years of checking and finding that they didn't offer them...

According to this article, Costco started selling Carnival cruises since April 2016, so it's been a while now.

Yes, You Can Book Cruises Through Costco

"Costco Travel does not sell every cruise line, though it does handle all of the largest brands, including Carnival, which came back into the fold in April 2016."