Excursion Postings

LoonCall

From my business in IT rollouts, it is never a good idea to roll an updated site piecemeal.

When the initial totally updated site is ready, it should be totally reviewed internally by all departments to be sure that all the information flows and one does not have a conflict in information with other departments.

Then it should be reviewed outside the internal department and from an experienced client base to make sure that while internally the departments think it flow smoothly, I'll make you a bet that following a user user review of the site, there will be suggestions for change.

From my business in IT rollouts, it is never a good idea to roll an updated site piecemeal.

When the initial totally updated site is ready, it should be totally reviewed internally by all departments to be sure that all the information flows and one does not have a conflict in information with other departments.

Then it should be reviewed outside the internal department and from an experienced client base to make sure that while internally the departments think it flow smoothly, I'll make you a bet that following a user user review of the site, there will be suggestions for change.

Agree with you 100%. From my perspective, with the daily changes that are necessary to keep the Regent website up to date (including but not limited to which suite are still available, port changes, excursion changes, etc), it would be a challenge. It seemed that some issues with the CC website had to do with it being viewed on every type of device imaginable all over the world. Not sure if this makes a difference or not.

Also, even if the site was reviewed both internally and from an experienced client base, wouldn't there still be people complaining (or maybe complaining is related to cruisers). When the CC website was rolled out, MANY people felt that the background was too bright (lack of knowledge that it is within the users power to lower the brightness) and other really small details. IMO, some people will hold on to what is old and rebel against something new.

As I've said, I could find tons of things to complain about but mainly care about accuracy -- something that luxury cruise line websites in general have a problem with. IMO, just as with CC, everyone isn't going to get what they prefer (mainly because there could be conflicting preferences).

Agree with you 100%. From my perspective, with the daily changes that are necessary to keep the Regent website up to date (including but not limited to which suite are still available, port changes, excursion changes, etc), it would be a challenge. It seemed that some issues with the CC website had to do with it being viewed on every type of device imaginable all over the world. Not sure if this makes a difference or not.

Also, even if the site was reviewed both internally and from an experienced client base, wouldn't there still be people complaining (or maybe complaining is related to cruisers). When the CC website was rolled out, MANY people felt that the background was too bright (lack of knowledge that it is within the users power to lower the brightness) and other really small details. IMO, some people will hold on to what is old and rebel against something new.

As I've said, I could find tons of things to complain about but mainly care about accuracy -- something that luxury cruise line websites in general have a problem with. IMO, just as with CC, everyone isn't going to get what they prefer (mainly because there could be conflicting preferences).

I'm getting the impression that it is okay to complain that others are complaining, but it seems that often when others complain they shouldn't be complaining?? I find this to be a bit confusing. I wonder if we could get a list of what it is okay to complain about on CC and what it is not okay to complain about? :)

Or maybe we could quit complaining about complaining and get back to the way excursions are displayed or not displayed on the web site.

I do not understand why explanatory or clarifying text can't be added to a web page even if the underlying structure, e.g., a reservation system, can't be readily changed. One can assume that if CC posters are confused by wording on Regent's website, that many other users will be confused too.

All websites should have an obvious way for users to provide feedback about problems they encounter.