AT&T international plan.... ships wifi

ladyray

Depends what you want to do. If you want to make phone calls and do texting it wouldn't make a difference if you got Wi-Fi or not. If you want to just get online it would probably be a lot cheaper to get the Wi-Fi. I have At&T also and we got railroaded when we went to Canada...its not cheap.

Technically challenged individual here lol..... if I have the international plan thru my carrier do I still need to purchase the wifi on board???? :confused:Thanks!!!

WiFi is separate from your cell provider. Whether to buy WiFi is up to you.

no phone service works at sea as there are no cell towers. The ship uses Sat phone service at $1.99 a minute. If you buy the ships wifi, only the top 2 tiers you will have enough signal to wifi call

Not entirely true. Your phone will connect to the ship's service and work if you allow it to roam, and while the stateroom's phones are $1.99/minute, the wireless rate is often more than $1.99/minute depending on your carrier.

from http://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1129/~/cellular-phone-service

Carnival Cruise Lines, through agreement with Wireless Maritime Services, offers an advanced roaming network on board Carnival Cruise Lines ships, allowing you to make and receive calls while at sea using your own mobile phone and telephone number. International roaming charges will be conveniently billed to you by your home mobile carrier. Please contact your mobile carrier for specific rate information.

Stay Connected While At Sea On Your Cruise!

WMS offers an advanced roaming network onboard cruise ships allowing you to use your phone just like you do at home. Service for voice calls, texting (SMS) and data is available onboard while the ship is at sea. Once the WMS network is switched on, while roaming on our cruise ships, you will see a distinct display on your handset that differs from your home carrier. Depending on the make and model of your phone, the handset will read Nor 18, cellular@sea or 901 18. As a reminder, international roaming charges apply and will be billed by your home carrier and not by WMS.