Promenade Stateroom ?

We really enjoyed our promenade room. We were on Deck 6, but you can see better from 8 (our friends were on 8). Either way though, it was fun to people watch.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Check out the Ben and Jerry's cow cabin. Partially blocked view by the cows rear end but it comes with some great perks and the whole cabin is in cow motif ..

I saw pics of that and was wondering what was going in there.

We've never cruised in one before...We usually do balconies...so, we've booked our daughters into the PR across the hall. On our upcoming Christmas cruise on Navigator, we're trying to economize a little...and decided to go with a PR ourselves. By the time we booked, Deck 8 was gone...so we booked one on Deck 7...Deck 7 sold out fairly soon after that...Deck 6 was the last to go...

Our feeling was that Deck 6 is too low...as you are just above the Promenade...My wife was afraid of people being able to look in from below (I know, it's not that easy, but that was her fear). In any event, Deck 7 it is...for us...We'll be able to tell you more after New Year's...

Been on deck 8 three times and always over customer relations. Noise was rarely a problem. What I like most is having the window and looking out. I don't like inside cabins as they are slightly claustrophobic. Never been in a balcony as my only need is to have a window, external or internal.

We've never cruised in one before...We usually do balconies...so, we've booked our daughters into the PR across the hall. On our upcoming Christmas cruise on Navigator, we're trying to economize a little...and decided to go with a PR ourselves. By the time we booked, Deck 8 was gone...so we booked one on Deck 7...Deck 7 sold out fairly soon after that...Deck 6 was the last to go...

Our feeling was that Deck 6 is too low...as you are just above the Promenade...My wife was afraid of people being able to look in from below (I know, it's not that easy, but that was her fear). In any event, Deck 7 it is...for us...We'll be able to tell you more after New Year's...

Hopefully I'll be booked by then since we are looking at an April sailing but would still love your input when you get back. Enjoy your cruise! It will be our first Royal cruise.

Th smaller the kids, the lower you'll want to be. With teens, I like 8 because we are always going up to clubs and pools. Only down for dinner and evening activities. But when we're back and forth all day for the book I forgot in the cabin, the sunglasses I always forget because I'm inside when I leave the cabin, changing out of wet clothes, getting camera for a bit, ditching the refillable mug I don't want to carry around after lunch, etc...easy run from deck 8 to decks 10 & 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Been on deck 8 three times and always over customer relations. Noise was rarely a problem. What I like most is having the window and looking out. I don't like inside cabins as they are slightly claustrophobic. Never been in a balcony as my only need is to have a window, external or internal.

What were yours cabin #s if you can remember. Wondering which ones are above CR. Haven't done balcony either but would like to try it one day if I can get a good deal.

What were yours cabin #s if you can remember. Wondering which ones are above CR. Haven't done balcony either but would like to try it one day if I can get a good deal.

I've been in 6321 and 6279 recently. Directly over Guest Relations. No unusual or bothersome noise from below except during Promenade parade, which is expected.

My wife and I have had the PR room twice now. FOS and NOS. We like deck 7 or 8. We were over the pub one NOS and you could hear a little of the music until midnight. Not much though. They are a little bigger than the standard inside room. For us, it is a nice upgrade for more space without spending a lot more money.

One thing I haven't seen in this thread is the reminder to close the curtains when not using the window. It is very easy to see into the rooms across the promenade if you don't close them. You don't want to put on a show for your neighbors while changing. :eek:

We will be trying out a promenade room on Oct 1st for the first time. We have only sailed in balcony and Junior Suites thus far because my wife is claustrophic and I couldn't drag her into an interior room in handcuffs.

I found a PR cabin deal with a senior discount and resident discount that was so cheap I couldn't pass it up. I've got my fingers crossed that she can tolerate it or she might actually be sleeping IN the promenade.....

BTW, we'll be on deck 6.

Here are few pictures of the Promenade cabin from our Freedom of the Seas cruise last December. These were taken from deck 7 cabins.

We sailed on the Carnival Glory as well few years back. If you want to see our experience on Royal, click on the link below for my trip report on the Freedom. Maybe I have a picture or two somewhere in there for you to see…

31926797201_61a6f65679_h.jpg

31718837370_9b4b905d26_h.jpg

32395039032_003ef2b4dd_h.jpg

My wife and I have had the PR room twice now. FOS and NOS. We like deck 7 or 8. We were over the pub one NOS and you could hear a little of the music until midnight. Not much though. They are a little bigger than the standard inside room. For us, it is a nice upgrade for more space without spending a lot more money.

One thing I haven't seen in this thread is the reminder to close the curtains when not using the window. It is very easy to see into the rooms across the promenade if you don't close them. You don't want to put on a show for your neighbors while changing. :eek:

Haha, will keep that in mind [emoji6]. On another thread someone said to bring clips to keep curtains closed, did you find a clip necessary or did yours close all the way without issue?