Upcoming Seabourn sale: more competition for Azamara

AllisonJames

I really do love Azamara so I hope they pay attention to competitor's sales when considering their next sale. As a Seabourn club member I got a one week in advance preview email for their 30th Anniversary sale and it looks really good. Offers are a mix of ocean view for veranda upgrades, free internet, onboard credit and air credit. What's notable is that I reviewed many of the cruises in the sale and many price out quite a bit less than $1,000 a day per couple for a veranda and some of the cruises (South America appears to be a particular bargain) are only $500 per couple per day which is a STEAL for Seabourn. I love my Azamara "home" but considering we booked Irish Seas/British Open 2019, veranda, including our two free nights club benefit, for $975 a day, I am very tempted by Seabourn and also hoping for an Azamara sale!

If Seabourn is available at the same price point as Azamara, it's an absolute no brainer - book it! Better real estate (a large bathtub, separate shower, double sink, huge walk in robe and a nice seating/dining area in *every* cabin category), wonderfully designed small ships (especially the Odyssey Class), some really spectacular itineraries, excellent food, more inclusive (proper Champagne, much better wines, premium liquor - including the in room minibar), lovely venues like Seabourn Square and like Azamara, many very personable Officers and warm welcoming staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've looked at Seabourn, Viking and Oceania when I'm considering a cruise.

I'm currently looking at Southeast Asia for 2019. Azamara's lowest veranda prices out at under $745 per day, while Seabourn's lowest priced cabin is $1,070 per day. The itinerary on Seabourn is one day shorter, has no overnight in Bangkok or Halong Bay, and no late nights in port, so it would be a deal breaker for us before we even priced it. Oceania's lowest category veranda is $990 per day with only one overnight in Bangkok, and is on an R ship.

While I have seen comparable prices on O in the past, Azamara always has a sale or an LCV discount that wins. I'm open to trying other lines, but so far, nothing has been competitive, and as Discoverer, I get other perks that factor in my decision. So far, I'm continuing to look forward to being welcomed home!

I've looked at Seabourn, Viking and Oceania when I'm considering a cruise.

I'm currently looking at Southeast Asia for 2019. Azamara's lowest veranda prices out at under $745 per day, while Seabourn's lowest priced cabin is $1,070 per day. The itinerary on Seabourn is one day shorter, has no overnight in Bangkok or Halong Bay, and no late nights in port, so it would be a deal breaker for us before we even priced it. Oceania's lowest category veranda is $990 per day with only one overnight in Bangkok, and is on an R ship.

While I have seen comparable prices on O in the past, Azamara always has a sale or an LCV discount that wins. I'm open to trying other lines, but so far, nothing has been competitive, and as Discoverer, I get other perks that factor in my decision. So far, I'm continuing to look forward to being welcomed home!

I did a comparison for Asia cruises on Az and Seabourn in April and November 2018 (when both lines sail that area) and found that Seabourn was significantly cheaper than Az. A Club continent suite on Az in April 2018 was £481 pp per night compared to £279 pp per night on Seabourn in their lowest category suite - even a veranda cabin on Az was £348 pp per night. (also note that Seabourn prices included flights and transfers whereas Az was cruise only!!) In November 2018 prices were closer per night with Az at £413 pp in club continent and Seabourn £390 pp in a veranda suite (again Seabourn price included flights Az was cruise only).

I'll keep comparison shopping, but I've yet to see those prices. Even if the Seabourn price was less, the SE Asia cruise in 2019 had an itinerary that was a deal breaker for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not quite the same but we have just switched from a Celebrity Sky Suite to Seabourn veranda cabin in November. Cruise is two days shorter but over $1000 cheaper.

We normally use a UK TA but booked this onboard so used our US TA to give us more flexibility, so pleased we did.

Hiccups-Just checked Seabourn sale through my email preview link and yep, quite a few bargains for South America -- especially on longer cruises (oh to be retired because there's a 42 day one that is less than $500 per couple per day!) Other locations like Asia appear to be pricing well under $1,000 a day on certain cruises for veranda. I assume these prices will be on the website within several days when club preview expires!