Booking Transfers via Voyage Personalizer

LaAna

I've searched high and low, and so far haven't been able to ascertain if it's possible to book pre- or post-voyage packages via the VP. We're thinking about booking a transatlantic crossing using a third party website, which naturally does not include these packages. From searching this forum I gather that the popular choice is to make use of a car service or else go by train, but as it's our first cruise we're a bit nervous and want to take one of the "official" transfers.

I've searched high and low, and so far haven't been able to ascertain if it's possible to book pre- or post-voyage packages via the VP. We're thinking about booking a transatlantic crossing using a third party website, which naturally does not include these packages. From searching this forum I gather that the popular choice is to make use of a car service or else go by train, but as it's our first cruise we're a bit nervous and want to take one of the "official" transfers.

The option to book Cunard transfers is offered during the original booking process on Cunard's US web site under "Pre Voyage Packages" and "Post Voyage Packages". I don't recall ever seeing a similar option to book Cunard transfers on any of the third party cruise booking web sites I have used here is the US. And I have never seen the option to book transfers after the fact on Cunard's Voyage Personaliser. If you wish to book your crossing via a third party web site, you may do so and then follow up with a phone call to that site's customer service number to add Cunard transfers to your booking. I have done that myself with past Cunard bookings made via third party web sites.

Regards,

John

Edited by bluemarble

We have never booked the transfers at the time of initial booking, but added them later. We simply have our travel agent add it to our booking. For those not using a TA, a phone call to Cunard will do it.

From my experience it is always possible to book the transfer on board the ship. It could, however, cost considerably more. Several years ago we pre-booked a transfer from Southampton for Canadian $40. On board, the cost was U.S. $80. That was the most extreme example I have seen, but it usually costs more to book on-board.