Hurricanes and San Juan

Bigbluegal

Not sure what your question is. I see your you are ️ soon. If you got travel insurance and they cancel file a claim. You will have to check constantly flight info and ship location. Travel insurance is a must this time a year. It is a waiting game with storms.

Hi! I can't answer your question, but I kinda have the same one. Curious if Royal considers that MOST people have to fly in, and if it isn't possible to do so if they just sail with a super small group of PAX? I am sailing out on the 9th, supposed to arrive on the 8th. My brothers (weatherman and pilot) give me a 50/50 chance getting in. Luckily, I got the insurance a few months ago, so if flights get cancelled I will just try again on another sailing.

Either you can get there or you can't. If not, file insurance claim and/or take whatever RCCL offers. I suppose if money is no object you could fly to one of the ports and catch the ship. But in the case of a hurricane there might be uncertainty as to where and when the ship will even be.

I know many times hurricanes require the cruise line to divert and change itineraries. When the cruise leaves from San Juan and flying in is the only way there....what adjustments can be made other than cancelling if this ever happens?

One year a storm was supposed to hit or come close to San Juan the day before our cruise which happened to be the day we were supposed to fly in. We scrabbled and changed our flight to two days before instead and paid for an extra night at the hotel. It turned out there was just really bad rain and the cruise was perfect. We would have been fine leaving it the way it was , but we had peace of mind and an extra day of vacation. We also always get insurance .

One year a storm was supposed to hit or come close to San Juan the day before our cruise which happened to be the day we were supposed to fly in. We scrabbled and changed our flight to two days before instead and paid for an extra night at the hotel. It turned out there was just really bad rain and the cruise was perfect. We would have been fine leaving it the way it was , but we had peace of mind and an extra day of vacation. We also always get insurance .

Thank you for the reply...watching the Irma coverage makes me nervous even though w are still 4 weeks till sail away.

Thank you for the reply...watching the Irma coverage makes me nervous even though w are still 4 weeks till sail away.

Way to far out to worry. We are also about that far out sailing from PC. I don't really even start tracking on the NHC site until a week prior.

I do not want to come off as uncaring to those souls in the path and wraith of the hurricane. We are scheduled to fly via Southwest to San Juan Friday evening, 9/8.Cruising on the Adventure of the Seas - Saturday, 9/9 to ABC islands and St Maartin. I called Southwest this morning, because our TA @ MEI suggested we try to change our one stop over flight to San Juan: from Baltimore to Tampa to San Juan. She suggested a non-stop from BWI to SJU. However, the Southwest Agent said all flights to San Juan were locked out do to the path of the hurricane. He referred me to Southwest’s website.

"Based on the forecastedweather conditions for the following cities, our scheduled service on Tuesday, September 5, thru Monday, September11, may be disrupted (flights may be delayed, diverted, and/orcancelled):

• Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
  • Fort Myers (RSW)
  • Havana (HAV)
  • Nassau (NAS)
  • Orlando (MCO)
  • Punta Cana (PUJ)
  • San Juan (SJU)
  • West Palm Beach (PBI)

Customers who are holdingreservations on Tuesday, September 5, thru Monday, September 11, and want toalter their travel plans may rebook in the original class of service or travelstandby (within 14 days of their original date of travel between the originalcity-pairs and in accordance with our accommodation procedures) withoutpaying any additional charge." -SOUTHWEST

We paid for the RoyalCaribbean Travel Protection Program. If theAdventure of the Sea sails on Saturday and we CANNOT get a flight to San Juan,will the Royal Caribbean Travel Protection Program allow us a future cruise credit?