Dining clothing on Escape

Smacciemac

My fiancé and I are not people that love to "dress up" .. we are on vacation and just want to be comfortable. Are we resigned to the buffet for the entire cruise? From everything I see, we are not allowed to wear shorts in dining rooms, and that is fine.. however what about jeans? Does my fiancé have to wear "shoes" or can he wear a nice pair of sneakers with his jeans? Does he HAVE to wear a polo or button down shirt?

First time cruisers which is why I am trying to get clarification

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We usually bring along a couple of pairs of pants to wear to the dining room only. We wear shorts the rest of the time the same pretty much goes for the shirts. Wearing the same shirt for 2 hours 3 times is not that big a deal and since you will be sitting with new people each night no one will ever know. Unless they notice the stain from last nights dinner on your shirt.

Sneakers if they are not white no one will even notice. I do not bring regular shoes on a cruise as where would I wear them?

My fiancé and I are not people that love to "dress up" .. we are on vacation and just want to be comfortable. Are we resigned to the buffet for the entire cruise? From everything I see, we are not allowed to wear shorts in dining rooms, and that is fine.. however what about jeans? Does my fiancé have to wear "shoes" or can he wear a nice pair of sneakers with his jeans? Does he HAVE to wear a polo or button down shirt?

You are allowed to wear shorts in all dining rooms except Le Bistro and Bayamo specialty restaurants. You can wear shorts in all three MDRs. And all other specialty restaurants.

I am glad you have come here to understand the "norms" up front.

In years past, dinner jackets and dresses were the norm in the dining rooms. Those days are gone - thank goodness. I actually think it has increased the number of people cruising.

As to wearing pants and some sort of shirt other than a t-shirt. Most people would not call that "dressing up". You will find that most people think of t-shirts as overly casual. You will find a few guys with t-shirts in the MDR-mostly kids.

Thanks.. we wouldn't wear shorts and Tshirts except maybe lunch. I usually will always have on Capri pants but he usually lives in Jean shorts.. I just wanted to double check if he can bring jeans for dinner of if we actually had to go buy him clothes just to go to dinner in..

You will be fine. I just got off the Escape yesterday and I saw t-shirts, gym shorts, hooded sweatshirts, flip flops, and baseball hats on men, women, and children in the Manhattan all four nights I ate there.

We want to be us and be comfortable, but also don't want to "offend". :)

My dad will be wearing shorts. He originally was going to bring a pair of his work pants but unless we are able to get in their apartment by Thursday (flooded due to Hurricane Harvey). We only bought him replacement shorts because of end of season sales they were cheap. They are dress shorts. He's not a fancy dinner person. If we left it to him, he would eat O'Sheehan's.