First November cruise - very few children on board?

CA_Cruzing

My family usually cruises when our kids are out of school so we know what to expect for noise and busyness of our cruise.

My wife and I are are taking a cruise this November 4th (Vista), as our children are older now.

I am reasonably assuming our cruise will be mostly adults with very few children on board.

Can any past November cruisers (not Thanksgiving week cruisers) offer some feedback if our cruise will be mostly adults sans children?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're going to be in the "buzz kill" parent category on September 10th sailing of the Breeze with our 3 kids. The April cruise that we went on without them on the Liberty reported almost 500 kids.

There will always be a few hundred regardless, for different reasons. It's just not going to be a complete kid circus like I'm sure summertime cruises are. Never been on one. Something about paying +2X the price makes me not want to! :)

Sent from my Moto Z Droid.

As long as they are not the kids who's parents are oblivious to their activities it is fine. Our last cruise we had 2 running rampant in the dining room during brunch. One lady at our table got on to them when they started climbing in the window just feet from our table. They left for all of maybe 3 minutes and then they were back. I had to say something to them (DH only shook his head) that put the fear of Jesus into them and we were able to enjoy the rest of our brunch.

Two ladies at a nearby table who appeared to be the boys' mother and grandmother shot daggers at us for the rest of our time in the dining room. So sorry... if you can't control your kids, be prepared for beotches like me to say ugly things to them when they interrupt MY vacation.

My family usually cruises when our kids are out of school so we know what to expect for noise and busyness of our cruise.

My wife and I are are taking a cruise this November 4th (Vista), as our children are older now.

I am reasonably assuming our cruise will be mostly adults with very few children on board.

Can any past November cruisers (not Thanksgiving week cruisers) offer some feedback if our cruise will be mostly adults sans children?

That is the way it should be.

I love to cruise when school is in and because our children were home-schooled, taking time off was not an issue. There were always kids on board, but not like spring break or summer. Our last cruise was was the second week of December and I think they said there were only 150 under 18 on board.

The week of the 5th will have the most kids outside of thanksgiving week. I sail this week(with 7kids minimum) every year. Some know this week in Florida as Jersey week.

It's nothing like a summer week in July but more kids than normal winter. I would assume the Vista would be a prime choice because of the newness.

That said, I have not seen any crazy kid activity in any of my trips. I know the camps are fuller because my kids attend them and the counselors always remark that it's a heavier week than most Fall weeks.

From my other site roll call I know there will be lots of kids on my Tampa cruise 11/6, most from Jersey.

I'm sure it will be fine but if you want the least amount of kids in November don't pick election week. There are 1.5 million NJ kids out of school most of that week and it's off season in Florida. Perfect time to visit :-)

Our favorite time to sail! We've been on a couple of Halloween cruises that probably didn't have twenty kids! Ahhhh, heaven for a childless couple like us!

We've also sailed earlier in November and December (along with the weekend after Thanksgiving) and we've almost forgotten what a ton of kids on a cruise is like! :D

With the exception of the "Jersey Week" mentioned above, all the other weeks excluding Thanksgiving, in November and early December are fairly low in numbers of kids.....we have sailed a fair amount that time of year, and will actually be sailing the week of Nov 11th this year (after "Jersey Week")......there are always some kids, but the majority are older folks without kids.

The week of the 5th will have the most kids outside of thanksgiving week. I sail this week(with 7kids minimum) every year. Some know this week in Florida as Jersey week.

It's nothing like a summer week in July but more kids than normal winter. I would assume the Vista would be a prime choice because of the newness.

That said, I have not seen any crazy kid activity in any of my trips. I know the camps are fuller because my kids attend them and the counselors always remark that it's a heavier week than most Fall weeks.

From my other site roll call I know there will be lots of kids on my Tampa cruise 11/6, most from Jersey.

I'm sure it will be fine but if you want the least amount of kids in November don't pick election week. There are 1.5 million NJ kids out of school most of that week and it's off season in Florida. Perfect time to visit :-)

thanks for the heads-up. i'm sure the snowbird grandparents are looking forward to seeing their grandkids.