Two days -nothing on the price drop page?

Silent Penguin

Carnival has been promoting and rewarding early bookings over the last year at least. Your best chance of scoring the lowest price is by booking very early. Price drops have become much less likely as sail date approaches.

Is that what you are inquiring about?

Windawn, I've been too vague. I appreciate your question as to what the heck I'm talking about. If you open the Cruise Critic page, there are several pull down menus at the top:

Reviews - Find a Cruise - Deals - Destinations - How to Cruise - News.

If you hover over "Deals" , there's an option at the bottom of that menu for "PRICE DROP". On the Price Drop page, you can customize your search.

I

Carnival has been promoting and rewarding early bookings over the last year at least. Your best chance of scoring the lowest price is by booking very early. Price drops have become much less likely as sail date approaches.

Is that what you are inquiring about?

No, I'm not referring to a Carnival cruise. Sorry. I'm talking about the Cruise Critic search tool that I described in my post to Winddawn. I'm actually not trying to book anything. We just got back from a cruise, and its going to be a long time before we can go again. I just like to see what's out there.

If you never tried that menu, you might want to give it a look. We booked a Princess cruise, 15-day to Hawaii, spring of last year. I was killing time, pre-cruise, on Cruise Critic, checking out the Price Drop page and found that the price of the same cruise we were going on but 3 weeks before ours had dropped 32%. So, we canceled ours and booked the earlier one.

I guess I'm curious why you are asking this on the Carnival board if you're not interested in a Carnival cruise.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

I'm am interested in a future Carnival cruises, I'm just not booking anything right now. A lot of Carnival cruisers compare prices on this page so I thought maybe someone here might know why the page seems to be "down".

I'm am interested in a future Carnival cruises, I'm just not booking anything right now. A lot of Carnival cruisers compare prices on this page so I thought maybe someone here might know why the page seems to be "down".

I had never used that link before and as of now it does show no drops. This could be because cruising is hot now and no one needs to discount. OP what did you normally see in the past?

Windawn, I've been too vague. I appreciate your question as to what the heck I'm talking about. If you open the Cruise Critic page, there are several pull down menus at the top:

Reviews - Find a Cruise - Deals - Destinations - How to Cruise - News.

If you hover over "Deals" , there's an option at the bottom of that menu for "PRICE DROP". On the Price Drop page, you can customize your search.

I

Thank you Silent Penguin didn't know this existed now I will have to check it out when I have a cruise booked.

I've NEVER gotten a price drop on any of my sailings.....the prices only seem to go UP!

We have experienced price drops a couple times on Carnival, but we also cruise off-season (except for our last cruise). On both occasions, I learned about the drops on the Roll Call for the cruise and not from my TA.

Navarrecruiser - I checked again this afternoon and the price drops were posted again. :) I suspect it's not a supply and demand issue because I check the page year-round and this was the first time it wasn't updated in 3 days. I'm wondering if the page was "down" for maintenance. Or maybe Harvey had something to do with it? Probably no one will email me back, but I did email Cruise Critic to ask about it.