A couple of Scenic questions

wishIweretravelling

It appears that one of the reviews re cabins might answer these questions, but I can't get the "read more" to work. So am asking here.

On the Scenic Diamond (or really any of the Space Ships):

1. Will a standard-sized empty suitcase fit under the bed to store it?, and

2. How is the hair dryer in the cabin? Is it the kind attached to the wall, or is it a separate hand-held? Thanks in advance

It appears that one of the reviews re cabins might answer these questions' date=' but I can't get the "read more" to work. So am asking here.

On the Scenic Diamond (or really any of the Space Ships):

1. Will a standard-sized empty suitcase fit under the bed to store it?, and

2. How is the hair dryer in the cabin? Is it the kind attached to the wall, or is it a separate hand-held? Thanks in advance[/quote']

We were on the Diamond last year in a BA category.

Yes, our suit cases fit under the beds.

Our hair dryer was separate. I dry my hair in the cabin, not in bathroom. I cannot any river boat that we have cruised on having a dryer that was attached.

Under FAQS, I'm pretty sure the measurements for suitcases is there. We used it as our guide. Much the same as airlines though. Easily fits under the bed as the bases are sort of hollow. Our hairdryer was separate too and I also used it in the room rather than the bathroom. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Most river cruise lines seem to be be not too dressy at night. Is this the case with Scenic. We are Amsterdam to Budapest next June.

We have cruised with 4 lines and Scenic was the dressiest of them all on our Diamond cruise last spring.

Men wore sport coats or suits (most with ties) for the Enrich evening; at the specialty dining venue, and for the Captain's receptions. Normally we see some men with jackets (and the occasional tie) on special evenings, but Scenic surprised in this regard with almost everyone dressed up on those evenings.

On our Scenic Opal cruise in August of 2015 sport coats and suits were rare and ties were almost nonexistent. The only time I felt even a little underdressed in chinos and a polo shirt was at the Enrich concert.

The actual Scenic dress code is quite casual. Each shipload of passengers is unique and appears to sometimes be more formal-minded than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our Scenic Opal cruise in August of 2015 sport coats and suits were rare and ties were almost nonexistent. The only time I felt even a little underdressed in chinos and a polo shirt was at the Enrich concert.

The actual Scenic dress code is quite casual. Each shipload of passengers is unique and appears to sometimes be more formal-minded than others.

I was very surprised by our experience, based on the other lines we have cruised. The passengers were mostly Aussies with another percentage from the UK and less than a half dozen from the US. I cannot imagine that it has anything to do with being "formal minded" since we were from around the globe and had not pre-planned attire .:D

We packed based on our past river cruises and it was not the norm.

Edited by caviargal

Caviargirl, I wasn't saying you were "formal minded". Just that in the aggregate the group on your cruise appeared to be more that way than the group on our cruise.

I can't remember if I packed a dress shirt for that cruise but I do know I didn't wear one. I probably will on my next Scenic cruise on the Enrich evenings. We're planning an October cruise so I'll probably bring a sport coat too.

Depending on the style of the rest of the passengers I'll either fit right in with my polo shirts or be a little underdressed. In either case I expect they'll be too interested in their own experience to worry about mine.