MSC Seaside - Ocean Cay removed from itinerary

sjlin0121

I've just logged in to see if I've been notified and it shows I have no bookings. Is this normal for MSC?

The short answer is: Yes, normal for MSC.

The longer answer is that MSC website has been terrible for years. Most cruise lines have poor website filled with glitches, but imo, MSC takes web problems to a frightening level. At the height of the problems were reports of passport numbers being compromised. You can do a search on the forum for the passport issues, but lots and lots of pretty serious problems reported over the last 5 or so years I've been following MSC.

In defense of MSC, they are working with several different languages which must be challenging. In addition, they seem to make things more complicated by having different rules depending on where you are sailing, and which ship you are sailing on.

For what it's worth, my experience on board was much better than my experience with the website.

I call BS. Many of us predicted extended delays with ocean cay years ago. I'm not talking season delays, I'm calling decade delays. It's just the way big projects work in the region. Heck, I believe it was a ten year delay from the time sandals said over the water bungalows would be ready to book in Jamaica until they were actually completed and that was just a few little cabanas lol.

My advice is to book msc for the value offered, but keep very minimal expectations regarding ocean cay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I call BS on your BS. It's not only delays down to whatever damage happened to "Ocean Cay" but resources that would have been used to build that island will now be going to rebuild what has been destroyed. I.e. SAN MARTEEN.

Do you think there is an infinite amount of labor, material and cash out there?

It's all about the damage they expect from Irma.

I call BS on your BS. It's not only delays down to whatever damage happened to "Ocean Cay" but resources that would have been used to build that island will now be going to rebuild what has been destroyed. I.e. SAN MARTEEN.

Do you think there is an infinite amount of labor, material and cash out there?

Of course Irma will slow progress, but to claim that the delay is all about the damage they expect from Irma leaves far too many variables out of this very complex equation. Having watched progress in the islands over the last 30 years, and dealing closely with a construction timeline in the Caribbean; I caution members not to hang their hat on Ocean Cay opening anytime this decade (regardless of weather).

MSC first announced that Ocean Cay would open in December of 2017. The first delay pushed back the opening to March of 2018. Now the island is post-poned until further notice (March 2019 at the earliest). I'll take 2025 for the win. PS: I hope I'm wrong because Ocean Caye looks fabulous.