Faster to the fun

golfer1903

For the check-in times. Is that new. Last time I sailed there was no such thing. You just show up at terminal . Is it different now. And if so. Does it go buy when u check in. And can I check in now to get the soonest boarding or is there a time frame

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I complete my check in at the time I book. My next cruise was booked in January for my March 2019 cruise on the Breeze. Although I’ve completed my check in, it is too early to choose a check in time for the port. That may open up about 6 months prior. As for boarding, depending on how your ship works it, my last 4 cruises I had to wait in a lounge after checking in until the begin to board. So, if I check in at 11:00, and boarding doesn’t begin until noon, I wait in lounge until noon. But I haven’t sailed Carnival since 2007, only RCCL and NCL, so I will be finding out next March how Carnival boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just booked a cruise for may 2018. I booked two room and in my opinion having to keep both rooms on different booking numbers even thou there both my name is dumb. But that's for another day.

So one room is wife and I

And other room is two daughters.

Well because the booking numbers are different when I booked a faster to fun under mine. Buy the time I slogged in under the other booking number there were non left.

So now I have faster to the fun and my kids don't.

How's that's gonna work.

So I call carnival to ask if they can sell me another and that was a waste of my time very rude. No.

Has this happened to you and if so we're you able to get around it.

Who in their right mind would separate kids from parents over FTTF??????

Is this kinda skirting the rules.....sure, but I'm not going to complain. If Carnival has a problem with it, they'll let you know.

If you want a clear conscious, then cancel FTTF for the booking that has it if you can't get it for both cabins.

I just booked a cruise for may 2018. I booked two room and in my opinion having to keep both rooms on different booking numbers even thou there both my name is dumb. But that's for another day.

So one room is wife and I

And other room is two daughters.

Well because the booking numbers are different when I booked a faster to fun under mine. Buy the time I slogged in under the other booking number there were non left.

So now I have faster to the fun and my kids don't.

How's that's gonna work.

So I call carnival to ask if they can sell me another and that was a waste of my time very rude. No.

Has this happened to you and if so we're you able to get around it.

Meet them on Lido.

FTTF is just another carnival scam. We just got off the glory. I had a 12:30 check in time. There was a flowing line and We were in our room by 1:10pm. That’s with stopping for pictures and chatting with the crew.

FTTF is no more a scam than anything else they offer. A scam is taking someone's money and not getting anything for it. No one is twisting anyone's arm to purchase it. For many, it's worth it. That's why it's hard to get. There are other benefits besides early boarding that comes with FTTF that many want. For any of the things that Carnival or any other cruise line offers, it you don't want or like it, don't buy it. If you want or like it, buy it.

Sounds like a big PIA just to board a little earlier then most. Seriously, how many phone calls and e-mails can you send about something so irrelevant ? It sounds kind of confusing, but im sure it's not, and by all the threads started for FTTF, is it really worth it?

Sounds like a big PIA just to board a little earlier then most. Seriously, how many phone calls and e-mails can you send about something so irrelevant ? It sounds kind of confusing, but im sure it's not, and by all the threads started for FTTF, is it really worth it?

To some, it is relevant. People staying at a hotel the day before are asked to leave at some hotels by 10 AM. Where do they go? To a lot of people it must be worth it because it's always sold out.

To some, it is relevant. People staying at a hotel the day before are asked to leave at some hotels by 10 AM. Where do they go? To a lot of people it must be worth it because it's always sold out.

I hear ya, but it still seems to be more of a pain then it's worth.IMO

As for the 10am check-out, I never had a 10am maybe 11or12.

Where do they go? Well, that's all part of the planning, most figure it out.

We got it and I'll tell you why....we have a couple of tendered ports this next cruise and my wife has MS. No, she is not in a wheelchair, but standing for long periods of time takes its toll. So, if this helps get her moving quicker, then its money well spent. We've also had it in the past and had an issue. Not standing in a 15 person deep line at GS was really nice...in addition to the dedicated phone line.

We got it and I'll tell you why....we have a couple of tendered ports this next cruise and my wife has MS. No, she is not in a wheelchair, but standing for long periods of time takes its toll. So, if this helps get her moving quicker, then its money well spent. We've also had it in the past and had an issue. Not standing in a 15 person deep line at GS was really nice...in addition to the dedicated phone line.

I understand that completely. I guess there will be a few cases where FTTF may be worth the price, Just not for us.

There are more perks than just priority boarding. We originally bought it for our upcoming cruise because there was supposed to be eight of us. Last time we cruised, we just took our carry-ons to lunch with us on Lido. It was a pain, but manageable. This time, with eight people and maybe eight carry-ons, we didn't want to fight Lido with all of that. So we bought FTTF for immediate access to our rooms to be able to put our luggage away. That alone was worth it to us. The rest of the perks were icing on the cake. Since then, the other family cancelled, so we're down to four, but we kept FTTF because I'd like to try it out and see what it's like. See if it'll be worth it to us in the future. What's so confusing about it? You buy it online, you take advantage of the perks. Done. How is that a pain?

Agree, most hotels have an 11 or 12 check out time. The vast majority will accomodate a late check out of say 1 pm....if you checkin time for the ship is even later than that, take an Uber for a nice lunch and by that time, it should be time for you to check in....problem solved, easy peasy
People buy FTTF because they want to and because they feel it's worth it to them. Buy it online, take advantage of the perks. Easy peasy.

It amazes me that so many people take issue with other cruisers who prefer to get on the ship as early as they can. If it isn't worth it to you, don't buy it. But others aren't wrong just because you don't find value in it.

If they are minors in their own cabin they will be able to check in and board with their parents who have FTTF, they just won't receive any of the other benefits of FTTF. No different than if the parents were Platinum.

Maybe I am missing something here. Are minors allowed to have their own cabin? I thought an adult had to be in the room.

Maybe I am missing something here. Are minors allowed to have their own cabin? I thought an adult had to be in the room.

From Carnival’s Page https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2544/session/L3RpbWUvMTUyMjE2ODMxOC9zaWQvZlVocnRSallZN1dQR3A1OW91dmhxQWsyUEREZms1TEZkcm5CbWF1XzdBcnlRVVA0NlRibVozd2hqNmJITTlPVm90ZFM5djNMclk3RVByTmZoJTdFNVMzdjRzSE52VHhQTEZZdkxMTEtnVG5QTVFSVzJTV0JCUVJtS2clMjElMjE%3D

Where minor guests can be booked in relation to relative or guardian:

Guests 12 and younger

If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).

Guests 18 – 20 years of age

Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

Many people have many reasons for purchasing or not FTTF. We did once, out of Galveston, because we had 19 people cruising with us. We stayed at a hotel that let us park our suburban for free, but most of our party flew in! Soooo, my husband and a neighbor (yes, we have the type of neighborhood where we cruise together) shuttled everyone AND luggage back and forth to the cruise terminal (took 4 trips!), then they took a cab back to the terminal. FFTF was relatively new then and the looks on peoples faces when 19 people were able to go directly into the terminal and check in then board was priceless! It was certainly worth it to us then, our next cruise is a Journeys cruise to Hawaii and from what I understand FTTF is not offered (although I believe people have purchased for 14 day cruises, difference?). There are only 6 of us on this one (3 couples, yes we are neighbors!) and since Long Beach is near our home we are not stressing this!

That post is referring to the other cabin receiving all the FTTF benefits, which I agree they will not. However, if they are minors in their own cabin, they cannot check in or board themselves. Same as if the parents were Platinum. They WILL allow them to board with their parents. I don't know why this is so hard to understand either.

It should be the opposite, so I might argue you don't understand. The rules stated precisely, that the second room, with minors must have it also. So yes, they all check in together, but the parents will have to wait with the kids, until it is the kids turn to board. Other words, the kids do not board with the parents, but the parents board with the kids.

Either way, it's a waste of money, because getting on the ship is free, and you don't need to pay it.

It should be the opposite, so I might argue you don't understand. The rules stated precisely, that the second room, with minors must have it also. So yes, they all check in together, but the parents will have to wait with the kids, until it is the kids turn to board. Other words, the kids do not board with the parents, but the parents board with the kids.

Either way, it's a waste of money, because getting on the ship is free, and you don't need to pay it.

I do understand and they will let the children check in with the parents whether or not you or I agree with it. I know it says both cabins need to purchase it and that is true should they all want the same benefits. However, they aren’t going to require the parents to not check in and board Priority if the kids are minors and can’t do so on their own. Same thing if they are Platinum or Diamond.