Shuttle buses from Ramblas to the cruise port

ptam50

Where exactly do the shuttle buses stop at the Ramblas to go to the cruise port? The rates and frequency? We are two. Is it better to get the taxi from the Ramblas and how much would be the fare? Thanks

The cruise bus departs from the road between the Columbus Monument and the World Trade Centre approach, I've marked it with a red paddle on this satellite map. You'll see a bus at the stop.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/41.3746957,2.1778919/41.3746991,2.1778947/@41.3750914,2.1784879,274m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e2

Street view isn't available, street-view at that point is of another road in a tunnel underneath.

The World Trade Centre has a cruise ship (Crystal Serenity) berthed alongside, but that's not where most cruise ships berth.

Frequency depends on demand, you shouldn't have to wait more than about 10 minutes. Fare is about 2.5 euros.

Whether to take a taxi instead I guess depends how far you are up Las Ramblas, and whether you're on a port-of-call visit or you have luggage.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

The cruise bus departs from the road between the Columbus Monument and the World Trade Centre approach, I've marked it with a red paddle on this satellite map. You'll see a bus at the stop.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/41.3746957,2.1778919/41.3746991,2.1778947/@41.3750914,2.1784879,274m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e2

Street view isn't available, street-view at that point is of another road in a tunnel underneath.

The World Trade Centre has a cruise ship (Crystal Serenity) berthed alongside, but that's not where most cruise ships berth.

Frequency depends on demand, you shouldn't have to wait more than about 10 minutes. Fare is about 2.5 euros.

Whether to take a taxi instead I guess depends how far you are up Las Ramblas, and whether you're on a port-of-call visit or you have luggage.

Thanks so much.

John, there will be 3 ships in port the day we are there. Would you recommend the cruise bus to get to the Columbus statue? I don't mind walking, but I don't want to waste our time if the walk isn't interesting.

John, there will be 3 ships in port the day we are there. Would you recommend the cruise bus to get to the Columbus statue? I don't mind walking, but I don't want to waste our time if the walk isn't interesting.

No, the walk to the port gate and beyond to the Columbus column/statue isn't interesting. Like most ports, distances are further than they look, and the walk is lacking in shade. We know, cos we did it :rolleyes:

Three ships is probably an average day, and the port is experienced in shuttling passengers.

Next time I plan to use the bus.

In fact, she-who-must-be-obeyed will insist on it. ;)

Would definitely recommend that you use the bus - the walk is much further than it looks on a map and is totally lacking in interest. The buses run very frequently and are very reasonably priced.