Future cruise credit?

crewzer57

RCCL is offering a 100% future cruise credit if you can't make the Oasis cruise on Tuesday Sept 12. I plan on calling Royal, but does anyone know how that works? I paid about $2400 for the original cruise, including prepaid tips and taxes. Does this mean the $2400 will be credited to our account somehow to apply towards another cruise? I also need to find out how we even go about cancelling the cruise. We've been holding out thinking if the storm veered away from Florida that we may be able to make the shortened cruise, where they were giving a 30% credit, and a 50% future credit, a pretty good deal really. Now I can't even see how there will even be a cruise on Tuesday, let alone getting there, as the entire coast will probably be all closed off except for emergency personnel. I would hate to be on the Oasis cruise now that isn't supposed to come back until Tuesday wondering whether I would even have a car left to drive home in.

I was supposed to be on the Harmony 9/9 so I am in the same situation as you. I called and told them I wanted to rebook another cruise so they figured out the difference in only the cruise fare. They are not allowed to transfer over the taxes and port fees you paid so that has to be refunded and the actual cruise fare is what gets transferred as a fcc. Hope that helps..

EDIT: your prepaid tips will also have to be refunded to you. I did the same and was told that cannot be transferred either.

Our roll-call has had some people lucky enough to get their credit applied to a cruise immediately without having to wait for a certificate to arrive. Do believe they had to be transferred to resolution department to get it done

I had my credit applied immediately. Well it doesn't actually show it but they are in the process of transferring it over and I have secured the cruise I want for November.

It was a little frustrating on the phone as the agents have so many different scenarios going on with all the different cruises being cancelled and changed and some do not know which things apply for which cruise and you have to be put on hold a bunch of times while they go check that out with a supervisor. If you don't mind waiting a bit on the phone it was easy enough to do :D

I was supposed to be on the Harmony 9/9 so I am in the same situation as you. I called and told them I wanted to rebook another cruise so they figured out the difference in only the cruise fare. They are not allowed to transfer over the taxes and port fees you paid so that has to be refunded and the actual cruise fare is what gets transferred as a fcc. Hope that helps..

EDIT: your prepaid tips will also have to be refunded to you. I did the same and was told that cannot be transferred either.

Thanks. That sounds great (except for having to wait another four months). I think even if there is a Tuesday cruise it won't be that fun, with everything going on and so many cancellations. I'm going to call them now.

I was scheduled to be on Allure September 10th. We decided not to go and also booked a November cruise. Royal put the new cruise on hold and temporarily placed my credit from Allure against the balance. I was told someone in Resolutions would apply the credit permanently and then I could pay the small balance off. Suppose to happen in 24hrs.....but it has been 30 and it still shows on hold.

As others have said.....the port fees are suppose to be credited back to my credit card in 7-10 business days.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk