Balcony Bonus Week

ellell

Received an email today that it is Balcony Bonus Week and tried to have the Bonus added to my current booking. No luck. First, the representative had no knowledge of the offer. Then said it was not able to be combined with my current latitude offer and the choose up to 5 free offers. I really, think it should be combinable?

Any suggestions on get getting the extra bonus? Now, I am thinking about calling next week and talking to a different agent?

Received an email today that it is Balcony Bonus Week and tried to have the Bonus added to my current booking. No luck. First, the representative had no knowledge of the offer. Then said it was not able to be combined with my current latitude offer and the choose up to 5 free offers. I really, think it should be combinable?

Any suggestions on get getting the extra bonus? Now, I am thinking about calling next week and talking to a different agent?

I'm not sure about being combinable with your Latitude offer, but it is with the choose 5 offer as seen on the home page.

53b345ba1b6563232d3b46c28687c5f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably worded for new first time bookings therefore non-combinable.

But strange that NCL would send you an email with this offer if you were not eligible (combinable)

to your existing booking.

You could of course cancel your existing booking and re-book.

But then you may loose some or all of your original perks and promos OBC and latitudes points.

The time to call and ask another agent unless calling in the middle of the midnite* hours

was right after you did not receive what you felt was a satisfactory answer.

* during the wee hours of the nite/am NCL may have a limited staff and in calling you

might just get the same agent you just talked with ?

Are you more than 90 days from sailing to be in a position to take advantage of the offer ?

Within 90 days changes are not worth the effort - you lose a great deal more than you gain !

Always the FINE PRINT and TIMING of the offers to consider in changing/cancelling a booking.

Beware how any prepaid gratuities and other fees may change in the rebooking especially

if rebooking to a suite/haven class cabin.

In some cases it is better to work with/thru a Travel Agent (TA) to filter thru the restrictions and

fine print of offers - really a bad deal when NCL agents themselves don't know of current promotions.

On Friday our TA was able to have the offer added to our booking. She had NCL re-fare it but our fare did not change. I had checked the fare on the NCL website ahead of calling her to make sure the fare hadn't changed as I suspected re-faring was going to happen.

This promotion is combinable with the Free at Sea promotion but it is not combinable with Latitudes Rewards promotions.

My parents who are also on our booking had to make the choice of keeping their Latitudes Rewards promotion ($100 OBC + double Latitudes rewards points) or adding the Balcony Bonus Week promotion ($140 for their MA Mini Suite on the Gem).

Edited by cxc362
Typos

This promotion is combinable with the Free at Sea promotion but it is not combinable with Latitudes Rewards promotions.

My parents who are also on our booking had to make the choice of keeping their Latitudes Rewards promotion ($100 OBC + double Latitudes rewards points) or adding the Balcony Bonus Week promotion ($140 for their MA Mini Suite on the Gem).

I just spoke with our TA and it turns out that the Latitudes Rewards promo ended up being combinable with the Balcony Bonus Week offer. My parents' reservation is showing $240 in non-refundable OBC instead of just the $140.