Packing list

Mike Lee

My family is traveling on the Christmas sailing of the Valor and I am looking for a packing list. I have seen it on the boards before but I am have a hard time locating it. Could someone please send me link or site where it is located at.

Thanks

I went to one of these places and it was saying to leave my medicine in my checked bag along with my prescription for it....hate to say it but I will NEVER do that, I have had things liek that removed from there, ALWAYS TAKE ALL MEDICATIONS WITH YOU NEVER BUT THEM IN YOUR CHECKED BAG INCLUDING YOUR INSULIN DELIVERY SYSTEMS AND.OR.SYRINGES.. I make sure to place them and my doc's copy of my prescription for those in my carry on. I have never had a problem taking them into an aircraft with my, and for a 10 day trip I have a good 25 syringes in my case. Yes they look at it in teh xray, but not once locally or international have they asked to take them from me. If you are on meds of any kind make sure you take these with you, when you arrive you cannot replace them at the local pharmacy where you are staying. They would make you find a new Doc to write a local presciption to have it filled.

Oh my word! Which list was it that gave you this erroneous and dangerous information? I would think that the rest of their information would be suspect, also. Even my cruise docs have a reminder to carry my medications, cameras etc. in my carry-on.

I used those links as an idea on what to take and in which piece of luggage to take it. You have to use thought about what they are suggesting. A lot of the things suggested won't be for you. Just use them as basic guidelines and you should be fine.

I have one that I have tweeked and keep it on my computer. You can print it out and cross things off as you go. I have it divided up into sections such as carry-on; fanny pack; purse; luggage.

Be sure to cross pack with whomever is going with you just in case some of the luggage is delayed.

Have fun!

I just read through that site, prairie. It does list medications to be packed in the 1st carry-on. BUT it says to leave insulin syringes in checked luggage. I think that it's been pretty much said on this board that insulin syringes don't cause any problems in carry-on luggage. Perhaps shortly after 9/11 they did. Yes, it would definitely be a very bad idea to put any prescription medication and.or the prescriptions themselves in checked luggage.

Out of my concern for Calgon's advice to put insulin syringes and prescriptions in checked luggage, I dropped him an email. Calgon's information is so right-on that I figured there must have been a reason for his including this poor advice. This is the reply I received (copied here with his permission):

"Ahoy There [Purple]:

At the time I put them on the UPL, there was an over reaction on the part of many TSA activities to prohibit ANYTHING that was sharp. I contacted TSA locally and they suggested the checked baggage. As things have changed, and (thankfully) become a lot calmer, I'll be only too happy to revise the UPL.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Happy sailing!"

FWIW

Archived