Eastern Caribbean cruise

Xrayman67

So, back in Feb. I decided to book a cruise for my 50th birthday in Dec and invited 15 friends to go with my wife and I. After we were all paid up we got an email stating that our itinerary would be changed due to propulsion problems with the Allure of the seas. At first, we were scheduled to visit Bahamas, St. Thomas, And St Maarten. Well, they took St. Thomas away and substituted it with San Juan, PR. Well, that was upsetting but we all understood and excepted it. Now after the hurricane devastating the eastern Caribbean like it did I don't see how we will be able to visit St. Maarten or any of the other ports. We all booked this itinerary because of the islands that it was going to visit and now they will most likely change the whole cruise route. I know that it's not RC fault, but I'm not a happy camper right now. First a broken ship and now a devastating freak of nature. Ok, I'm done with my ranting....

Nope, everybody is paid up. We all had to get the time off of work. Everybody is coming from different states.

Well, you picked a cruise where many say the ship is the destination. At least you will be together with your friends for your birthday. :)

I understand your frustration, however nothing can be done about the weather :( I'm due to sail in a few weeks and one of our stops was going to be St Maarten, although un-confirmed it's pretty obvious we will not be going there. Gutted as St Maarten is a beautiful island and the people there are some of the friendliest I've met.

You are however going to be on an amazing ship, make the most of that and all the things they have to offer on board. I know PR wasn't your first choice, but do some research you might find something to do there that really interests you. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise no matter where you end up going.

I'm on Oasis in December and chose my cruise just for St Maarten but doubt we'll be there and go Western instead.

Only thing is, if I wanted to do a Western, I could of chosen the following week for a fraction of the price I'm paying already.

I hope one day I will see St Maarten as I know her and recovers soon for the sake of her people. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on Allure a couple of weeks ago. Stay on 2 of the 3 ports were shortened because of the propulsion problem but it made no difference to my overall cruise experience.

Luckily my cruise was before the hurricane but on previous sailings, I have been caught up in hurricanes and had my itinerary totally changed. Again, looking back, I have fond memories and no regrets.

It is frustrating when unexpected changes happen but IMO, most likely not adversely affected your holiday.