Next cruise booked on Carnival but my heart is with Norwegian

Medtech2

For convenience sake we are booked on CCL Ecstasy next month. I will admit I had become disillusioned with Norwegian since the new regime took over BUT I have to say that the last couple of days have proven once again why I love Norwegian.

Their response to the hurricanes has been fantastic and much more forthcoming than Carnival AND I am again lurking on the Norwegian board and NOT CCL because some of the threads over there have devolved into veins of which I choose not to partake: Americans First! It's All About Me! Why should I care about small Caribbean Islands! Etc....

GEEZ!

Thanks to you all for the pertinent updates and healthy discussions here....

And thanks to Norwegian...you have my future cruise dollars again!

Hope you enjoy your Carnival cruise. After 18 Carnival cruises and working on Diamond, we jumped ship last year and booked a b2b on the NCL Epic.

We fell in love with NCL and booked another b2b on the Epic for January.

I very seriously doubt that we will be going back to Carnival anytime soon since we booked a 21 day cruise on Celebrity for 2019. Each cruise line has their problems and everyone of them have cut back in one way or another. Got tired of Carnivals and decided to branch out. So glad we did.

The Ecstasy is a really, really old ship. So old that NCL doesn't even had a ship you could compare it to. I was on that ship at least 25 years ago! Its almost not even a fair comparison.

NCL Sky and Carnival Ecstasy are roughly the same age.

Both ships have had deadly incidents.

Neither ship is a fair representation of their respective line.

People on this board (and any non-Carnival board) love to bash them. We've had some great cruises on Carnival. Trying NCL for the first time just before Christmas. The only "bad" cruise I've had was on RCCL, but it didn't stop me from cruising them again.

Hey Medtech ! Didn't we do the Gem out of San Juan together last November ? We did B2B to see 10 islands. Glad we did. They are torn up now.

Just saw NCL press release stating cancelling east Caribe until November. ALL sailings will go to West Caribe.

Hey Medtech ! Didn't we do the Gem out of San Juan together last November ? We did B2B to see 10 islands. Glad we did. They are torn up now.

Just saw NCL press release stating cancelling east Caribe until November. ALL sailings will go to West Caribe.

Waving! I know, I am really heartbroken for the people on those Islands right now. It is going to be a long and hard road but they will come out on the other side better built in the long run. Hopefully sooner rather than later...