Just Airports Confused

Cinders411

Maybe this is a dumb question but, I have never been to Europe before and this confuses me. We will be arriving at Heathrow at 19:45 which is 7:45 pm US time. I went to the, Just Airports website and it is asking for pick up time. With baggage pickup and immigration we are thinking 9:30 pm. Do I put that in or 21:30? It says, 24 hour time.

Maybe this is a dumb question but, I have never been to Europe before and this confuses me. We will be arriving at Heathrow at 19:45 which is 7:45 pm US time. I went to the, Just Airports website and it is asking for pick up time. With baggage pickup and immigration we are thinking 9:30 pm. Do I put that in or 21:30? It says, 24 hour time.

Yes, 9:30pm is 21:30.

You said "US time", I just want to make sure we're talking about local time and not origin time (like EST). People tell time in the U.S. using 24 hours too, my dad always does. Good way to remember is adding 12. So 9:30 + 12 = 21:30. Or in my head, I just add 10 and then 2.

I am confused, you say you will be arriving at LHR at 19:45 which is 7:45PM US time, LHR is 5 hours ahead of US eastern time.

Whether it's US or UK time, it's either 7.45pm or 19.45.

If it was actually US time it would be 2.45pm or 14.45 eastern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All that said, I have arrived into Heathrow, cleared immigration, gotten my bags, taken the Heathrow Express to Paddington Station, took a taxi to my hotel, checked in, and was in my room in a whopping 45 minutes from stepping off the plane.

Wow that is amazing!

OP, when you say US time, it implies that you mean the actual time in your US location, ie 6 or 7 hours earlier. I think you mean 'the way we tell the time in the US'. It's quite common to use the 24hr clock in Europe, you'll be used to it in no time!

All that said, I have arrived into Heathrow, cleared immigration, gotten my bags, taken the Heathrow Express to Paddington Station, took a taxi to my hotel, checked in, and was in my room in a whopping 45 minutes from stepping off the plane.

Last time I was in Heathrow, I had 10 minutes to spare to board my connecting flight. My layover was 3 hours. The security line was backed up so long, I entered the queue the second I stepped out of the ramp.

We were at Heathrow in June. Flight landed at 1.00pm and we had our bags and were through immigration in less than 30 minutes. It might not be that quick all the time but there were no queues. I doubt it would take you that long to get through.

You said "US time", I just want to make sure we're talking about local time and not origin time (like EST). People tell time in the U.S. using 24 hours too, my dad always does. Good way to remember is adding 12. So 9:30 + 12 = 21:30. Or in my head, I just add 10 and then 2.

True, but the OP needs to remember to only add 12 for PM times!

For example, 9:00 am is 0900. 9:00 pm will be 2100.

12 noon will be 1200. 12 midnight is 0000

1:00 am is 0100, 1:00 pm is 1300

The last two times into Heathrow with morning arrivals it has taken close to 45 minutes to get through passport control.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app