Returning after a few years away

rojojacko

Hi everyone

We have just booked a tour in Canada followed by a seven night Alaska cruise on Westerdam next spring and I have a couple of questions.

We are 3 star members of the Mariners Society from some cruises years ago and I see that I am entitled to a 25% discount on wine packages. Does this include the Navigators and Admirals choice packages?

I see that we are also entitled to an embarkation lunch and another brunch. We are travelling with three other couples who haven't cruised with HAL but have cruise history with Princess, Costa and P and O. Will this entitle them to attend those functions?

Lastly, is there a facility to pre-pay our gratuities to save money as there is on many other lines?

Many thanks for your help, I just need to do the sums with the drinks package versus pay as you go!

Rob

Welcome back to HAL.

Yes -- your 25% discount works on those wine packages as well as the Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto. You can also use it in the Explorations Cafe -- now part of the bar in the Crow's Nest -- to buy specialty coffees and teas.

The Embarkation lunch is now open to everyone. The only time it is not open is if there is a special event in the main dining room.

Since your friends have sailed on other Carnival Corporation ships, they should get an invitation to the Mariner's Brunch -- held later in the cruise. Check at the front office on about the second day of the cruise.