Virtual Balcony Staterooms Mistake or...

livingitup

Going on the Navigator in a virtual balcony stateroom. Did I make a mistake or great choice? I have heard some horror stories regarding a humming noise of the "virtual" screen. Has anyone experienced this as nuisance and if so can the screen be turned off so that we can sleep peacefully at night? I so hope I didn't make the wrong choice...:o

We had a virtual balcony on our recent Explorer cruise. We didn't hear any noise from the screen. This was our first interior cabin and I was a little apprehensive as I am a bit claustrophobic. Shouldn't have worried. The room had lots of mirrors and the VB screen really helped.

Here is my review of the Virtual Balcony:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44768232#post44768232

At the time we did it, you can turn off the video feed but the screen stays on (it's black, but it's still on). Check out the link, you can see the layout and the chair they have next to the screen.

Going on the Navigator in a virtual balcony stateroom. Did I make a mistake or great choice? I have heard some horror stories regarding a humming noise of the "virtual" screen. Has anyone experienced this as nuisance and if so can the screen be turned off so that we can sleep peacefully at night? I so hope I didn't make the wrong choice...:o

i did it once and loved it!