Holidays on NCL

Seattle.Girl

Usually just after Thanksgiving the gaudy decorations start going up. Don't bring your own, there will be plenty by 12/10.

Hahaha. I wouldn't have thought to bring our own. I think my parents will want the gaudy decorations, so I'm glad NCL is on top of it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have searched a ton and cannot find any relevant threads. Do the ships decorate for the holidays? When does that start? We are thinking of a 12/10 cruise on the Getaway.

Holiday decrorations will be up.

We always decorate our cabin. We get a hand full of tacky decorations from the local dollar store and our cabin is transformed to the season. This year we sailed in April, June, and twice this month. So a lot of summer and beach decorations.

Last year we sailed in October and had Halloween decorations up. Our steward saw this and helped with some folded towel bats.

I was on the Gem last year for the Dec 11 repositioning cruise from San Juan to NYC. Holiday decorations were up in many parts of the ship when we boarded, and a gingerbread city suddenly appeared in the Atrium on one of the evenings of the sea days at the end of the voyage.

The ships get delightfully decorated the week before Thanksgiving, then on the day after Thanksgiving, they start decorating for Christmas. Tacky? Sure...but it's really festive and lovely. The gingerbread houses were amazing! We love decorating our room as well, and always bring small holiday-themed presents for staff. Last year, one of our staeroom attendants admired our little tree, and we gave it to him the night before x-mas so he could skype with his family "like I was home". What we take for granted from the dollar store, can make a night very special for the folks who make your vacation wonderful.

The ships get delightfully decorated the week before Thanksgiving, then on the day after Thanksgiving, they start decorating for Christmas. Tacky? Sure...but it's really festive and lovely. The gingerbread houses were amazing! We love decorating our room as well, and always bring small holiday-themed presents for staff. Last year, one of our staeroom attendants admired our little tree, and we gave it to him the night before x-mas so he could skype with his family "like I was home". What we take for granted from the dollar store, can make a night very special for the folks who make your vacation wonderful.

Great idea! We are sailing December 15-22nd and I will make sure to bring a little tree. Also I have to remember to bring our Elf on the Shelf.